Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Out with the old

In with the new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

She's my MP. Racist as all hell in a roundabout way and some sort of crypto-catholic-from-before-Vatican-2. Unelectable but in the South of France.
Isn't she quite open about her, let's say conservative, Catholicness? Doesn't really sound particularly crypto.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Sorgrid posted:

- Marion Maréchal-Le Pen is the niece of Marine and is basically a mix of Rick Santorum and Ted Cruz. A bit more conservative than her aunt regarding reproductive rights.
Isn't she also in favor of redefining the party as an explicitly economically liberal one, where her aunt keeps it more populist?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

That's the first round, we already know she's going to win it (with about 25% of the vote I believe, Macron is like 23%). The second round is what matters, whoever against her is going to get the votes from the left, center and right handily.

I guess this would be bad if we had a retarded electoral system lol

also more proof france outside of paris and brittany is poo poo (and pays de la loire i guess??)

extremely triggered/pleased that they forgot Corsica, CORSICA NAZIONE
The right is going to decide that 5 years of the extreme left running the country is enough, and that voting for a right wing candidate rather than a centrist like Fillon is needed to balance things out.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

lmao

isnt fillon to the right of sarko?
Center-left Sarko.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

isn't fillon a catholic reactionary who loves maggie thatcher? that doesn't sound "center-left" at all
I could've been clearer. "Center-left Sarko" is gonna be Sarkozy's new nickname, now that the Overton window has moved.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Heh, the one time the dude actually speaks the truth he gets called out on it. That spineless grub even apologized for it. :laffo:
He should just have clarified that he meant that it was a crime against humanity that the Algerians started that war.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Plutonis posted:

I'm leaving Spain today but yesterday night I saw a cool tv special arguing that an independent Catalonia would outlaw religious education which would destroy Catalan culture which is based on the Roman Apostolic Catholic Church.

E: Spain/Catalan goons how would the independence gently caress up Spain because Catalonia seems to be a huge loving money maker to the country.
Catalan independence would result in a funding gap, and could push the central government into arguing for a new structure for how tax revenue is distributed. As one of the prime beneficiaries of the current tax structure is the Basque Country, renewed separatist action from ETA would inevitably follow, and Greater Castile would decent into reactionary politics as a result. Such a state would of course be unable to deal with the challenges of climate change, both African refugees and the projected major decrease in agricultural productivity in Iberia, and disintegration into warring factions akin to what you see in Libya or Syria is a distinct possibility.

In conclusion; if Catalonia goes independent, Spain will become a hotbed of Catholic terrorists and thus it must be opposed at all cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Namarrgon posted:

Next up is violent Buddhist terrorism
That's already a thing in Burma.

• Locked thread