Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

That Algeria war comment probably hasnt helped (he called it a crime against humanity, not exactly the kind of thing that gets votes on the right, or the left for that matter)

Heh, the one time the dude actually speaks the truth he gets called out on it. That spineless grub even apologized for it. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Dirk Pitt posted:

In a normal climate I would think that a politician would be done if they were being investigated, but I suspect this will get Le Pen more support.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/28/meps-say-marine-le-pen-can-be-prosecuted-over-violent-isis-images

Pretty much. What really irks me is that Marine le Pen's track record is at the very least as shady as Fillon's. It's well documented at this point that she and her team have like half a dozen people on the EU and French Gvt payroll that are just family, friends or relatives and do little to none of the work they're supposed to. It's just not being covered as much by the media for whatever reason.

In other news, Hamon and Mélenchon were having diner a few days ago to agree that sinking the left's chances this election was for the best. They will both stay in the race and split the vote despite their platforms being virtually identical on many points. The good news is that they get to claim they didn't betray their values and supporters. The bad news is we're rapidly heading toward a fascist state I guess. :v:

• Locked thread