Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Mute posted:

What does this have to do with democratisation?

nothing, but 'reform the eu's rules to be more democratic' is an easier bullet point than the more honest 'reform the eu's rules so my county has more power'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

DrProsek posted:

Either way though, EM/Macron is the worst possible last bastion against fascism.

Fillon

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

melanchon should be smart enough to realize that a 100% top tax bracket will not actually result in CEOs and whatnot paying more taxes, but as the past century has shown french politicians aren't exactly good at economy so who knows

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Plutonis posted:

It should accompany flaying and castration to every CEO who moves the company overseas

great time to be a female french MBA born without skin

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The Bay of Frogs incident is gonna be a major blow to Franco-American relations

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

MikeCrotch posted:

This is why you need to fight against tax evasion/avoidance and tax havens at the same time as raising the top tax rate

even without tax avoidance or havens, a tax bracket of 100% just means no one will pay anyone more than the lower end of that bracket. it is in effect a universal salary cap which would have the effect of diverting money elsewhere, and raise or lower government revenues depending on what firms choose to spend on instead.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

BREAKGING ~BREAKING~ BREAKING CSPAM NEWS ALERT: the UK PM's office has indicated it will make a major announcement this morning (11:15 GMT), almost certainly a snap election

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

since the fixed term parliament act of 2011, a two-thirds majority or a vote of no confidence is required to call an early election. my understanding however is that only a simple majority is needed to repeal the act, meaning May could just repeal the act and dissolve parliament just like the old days

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

current labour election status: EXTREMELY GOOD CANT WAIT LETS DO THIS

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/hansmollman/status/854274661600956416

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/853923328964390912

*extremely momentum voice* this is good... for jer!

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Forums Terrorist posted:

so who replaces corbyn

i've been asking this for years and all i get from the hamprinces of the world is *mumbling into hand*

a duffle bag full of cockroaches would probably poll better than corbyn at this point

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Perhaps the real reason Labour MPs wanted to get rid of Corbyn is that he's loving terrible at his job

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Seeing how well the "the other guys are actually much worse so you basically have to vote for me" strategy worked for the Clinton campaign it's no wonder Corbyn is emulating it

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/854324541203632128

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/politico_daily/status/854310181634805760
this is fine everything is fine voting for brexit was definitely not a mistake jeremy's doing fine

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

hamprince, do you still hate melenchon?

he's a piece of poo poo op

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Agag posted:

How would you vote if you were French? For me it would be an anyone-who-can-beat-LePen thing, but its hard to tell who that even is at this point.

Hamon in the first round, not-LePen in the second.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

you never said how though? like you made up some stuff about him hating refugees last we talked

he bitched about migrants in a transparent attempt to pander to the fn vote but whatever dude, you can believe whatever you want about marx's perfect simple hologram boy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Forums Terrorist posted:

making GBS threads on immigrants to pander is bad, unless the grown-ups do it, then it's just what they need to do to wi

melenchon's holograms let him poo poo on immigrants in 11 different places simultaneously, but in a good communisty way

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

but he's the lesser evil so you should support him

hamon can't win and macron is worse so the power of pragmatism compels you

remember when he brought up crimea out of the blue in a debate to suggest it belonged to russia

good to see he's pragmatic enough to compromise with fillon and lepen on foreign policy

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

im nate silver irl

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Condiv posted:

odds on this being a false flag attack like that one in germany?

the guy was id'd as a known islamist so zero

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/benimmo/status/855395491181416449

lepen will make CAP subsidies apply to troll farms

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Qu'est-il arrivé à la gauche tolérante?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Alienwarehouse posted:

And when she wins, these same retards will be blaming Russia again.

the FN gets funded out of sketchy bank accounts in cyprus and RT and sputnik are all in on lepen. not that the french need much help to elect a fascist

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/samfr/status/856097071140667392

may better watch out, looks like UKIP is harnessing the power of the gorilla mindset

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Top City Homo posted:

now melechon's voters will have to double down for a fascist who wants to leave the eu and a neoliberal who tried to push policies that left the current president with 4% approval ratings

this is going to end badly

Mélanchon came in loving fourth lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

whomupclicklike posted:

Here's how Mélenchon can still win

- H.O.H.N. Bonhomme

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Fiction posted:

I love my useless centrist liberal party and my lovely unrepresentative first past the post electoral system. let me spread my cheeks for the Queen now

my head of state is like a gazillion years old and she's still less senile than yours lmao

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

when the polonium hits

https://twitter.com/JulianAssange/status/856045063985655808

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

DrProsek posted:

Upside of the French election is my prediction yesterday didn't come true; I thought LePen would get 26% at least and Macron would underperform but it looks like that didn't happen at all. Polls basically predicted the result, no upset/last minute swell of support for LePen.

I still think there's no way Macron wins round 2 but I'm slightly less confident in that given that it looks like LePen if anything loses support in the days running up the the vote.

good 2 know that the international milkdrinkers brigade has learned absolutely nothing from this event

• Locked thread