Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Puppet Master posted:

so who is going to form a govt? Will it be an anti wilders govt between D66, VVD, PvDA, and CDA?

Either that or we do a Belgium and just not have a government for a year and then do new elections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Entropist posted:

I'm actually tempted due to the polls, if there is some chance of GL becoming the biggest party, even though I know Klaver would be happy to bomb Ankara and start fracking in the Wadden Sea if it means they get their name on a list of 'constructive opposition members', let alone in government...

This is also why I might switch from SP to GL. I don't like how liberal they tend to be but they are the most left-wing party with an actual chance of ending up in government, which is worth something.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thatim posted:

Its probably going to come in tomorrow evening EU time. So probably from about 1500 east coast time.

There will be exit polls tomorrow night but we won't find out significant results until very late in the evening, will we? So the following morning is a better bet.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
But without GL, they'll have to go with PvdA who are now a complete joke, or CU which will be very risky with a single set majority. I'd say GL holds some good cards now.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Osmosisch posted:

No, it's the opposite. Either they govern with VVD and get nothing done + are decimated next elections for executing neoliberal policy, or they are opposition as always and get nothing done. They're getting nothing done either way.

At least in government you have a nonzero chance of getting something done, I'd argue. The neoliberal policy will be there either way. Might as well make sure it's a bit greener.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If it's like Netherlands then France might have people voting for whoever seems most likely to defeat Le Pen

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I still think a coalition with CU would be seen as too risky with just a one-seat majority. Every time something vaguely controversial came up there'd be dozens of MP's who might hold the government hostage.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There is still the PvdA option. They really like being in government and it's not like they have anything to lose at this point.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh right, I missed that.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

twoday posted:

did you guys hear the news about brexout? England is leaving the European Union apparently

nonsense surely nobody would be that stupid

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
what about gibraltar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sir Ian McKellen has really let himself go

• Locked thread