Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What should I do with these two big ol turkey wings I have? Not super meaty, but great looking skin. I want to make some kind of jumbo super-buffalo wing, but I have no deep fryer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ultimate Mango posted:

Bake them. Or use them to make stock.

I'll probably bake and sauce then. I've already got a gallon of stock I made from necks, giblets, backs, and feet from the farm's turkey processing party.

They were very happy wings attached to a happy bird, so I want to do right by them and make them the best wings they can be.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 24, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Finally made those turkey wings up, here's the result. https://imgur.com/gallery/dvj4B

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

A.s.P. posted:

That looks great! How were they texture-wise? I tried making turkey wings once and they were incredibly tough and stringy.

Well, I was careful not to overcook them. They were bony, but in a way that went nicely with the crispy skin and amount of meat you get. Not stringy.

I feel a lot of people way overcook poultry because of salmonella fears, and destroy the flavor. And I do admit that my cooking poultry to less then 165 does put me at increased risk of food poisoning. But that's a risk I am willing to take for deliciousness. I do poultry to 145. And when I get sick, I'll only have myself to blame for not following better food safety practice.

Of course, when dealing with ground meats, cook to the recommended temperature.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jan 1, 2017

• Locked thread