Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

Ciaphas posted:

Gonna divert with a question on breaded baked chicken tenders or breast filets or whatever we call em nowadays. Suggestions on favorite method for buffalo tenders? I was taught 'dip raw in sauce then in bread crumbs+salt+garlic, bake at 425 on wire rack' but I've seen business with baking powder, flour and eggs?

I don't know about the baking powder, but I do a hot sauce version (tabasco or Franks) of that where I marinade the chicken strips with a cup of hot sauce in a ziploc bag for a few hours before preparing.

Then I preheat the oven and coat a baking sheet with a nonstick spray.

On a plate, mix together flour, teaspoon garlic powder, teaspoon cayenne pepper, and teaspoon salt, and the bread crumbs or sometimes I use crackers.

In a bowl I beat 2 egg whites with tablespoon water, to make my egg mixture, you could add the hot sauce at this stage if you dont want the ziploc version.

Dip the chicken in the egg mixture, then roll in the seasoned bread crumb mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet.

Finally, bake in the preheated oven. Use tongs to turn pieces over and bake longer, or until chicken juices run clear, it's around 20 minutes depending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread