Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a way to do a carry? I'm in WT1 and one of my friends is way behind but we want to group up soon. I'm not sure how the level scaling works in this.

I think all loot and enemies are generally scaled to the host. So if they join your game they are going to be fighting enemies scaled to you but they will also get loot scaled to you. Vice versa as well, you joining them will result in you steamrolling everything in your path but the loot will be whatever drops from those enemies.

So basically your friend wants to get to 30 however that goes and you want to get as high in the World Tiers as you can. There are no level requirements for gear past 30. They join your game, you kill everything, they loot everything, they puts on the stuff that gets them into a higher tier, repeat.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
World tier is scaled to host, pre world tier everything scales to the highest level

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Rick_Hunter posted:

I'm going to take the opposite stance and say you shouldn't find collectibles until the post Xmas 2x cache event. Of course my opinion is skewed because I have 3 30s and am leveling my 4th now.

How many days will that event last? So I just save all the poo poo (my map is filled with collectibles still to find) and do full collectible hunting sessions.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Guillermus posted:

How many days will that event last? So I just save all the poo poo (my map is filled with collectibles still to find) and do full collectible hunting sessions.

Roman posted:

SOTG 12/21/17:
- 2X Proficiency cache event from Dec 26-28

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nice thank you. I might be able to clear the map these days with some long sessions.

Also after doing a bunch of Lex, running around in WT5 (from fresh 30 WT1 to 5 in an hour with goons) I'm loving this game even more. Still confused about what gear should I aim for but drat fun to mess around.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Clearing the map is best done in a quiet moment anyway, imo. Lot of the audio logs and Echo scenes are fantastic.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Five free cypher keys at the rewards vendor.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Five free cypher keys at the rewards vendor.

Wow that’s a lot

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Eh, freebie is a freebie!

Also just noticed I'm at 5/6 classy D3. Anyone know if health on kill applies to its overhead bonus?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

5 keys actually is a lot for free. Especially when you compare to Destiny 2 where they made 2 different shader types (which both have the exact same colors) to prevent poopsockers from farming too many shaders which give you 7 whole specks of bright dust when dismantled. Don't want to bankrupt the company now!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I assumed he was being sarcastic. :shobon:

Haven't touched D2 since 1.8.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

poptart_fairy posted:

I assumed he was being sarcastic. :shobon:
Just checked prices. 1 key is 200 Premium credits which is like $2.00, 3 keys are 5 , 7 keys are 10. So it's a decent amount for free

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well they got me a father Christmas hat and beard, so

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I only got the Santa boots. But I did get a blue winter jacket with red vest, so if they ever put a DeLorean in the game I'm set

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I don't like the idea of limited time cosmetics being behind loot boxes. I'd rather pay $10 for all the skins and costumes or whatever. I guess this is the future of gaming though.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well a few countries in Europe have declared loot boxes gambling, and Belgium will be pushing for a ban, so it's possible their days are numbered anyway

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I paid for my Xmas sweater last year and gently caress y'all cheaping out and getting it through cypher keys. :colbert:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

Well a few countries in Europe have declared loot boxes gambling, and Belgium will be pushing for a ban, so it's possible their days are numbered anyway

Or they'll do what Overwatch I think? did in China and include "free random gift boxes on purchase of in-game currency," assuming other countries don't close that loophole. Anyways if you're playing Overwatch in China you don't buy loot boxes, you buy funny money and get loot boxes included for """""free""""". I don't play Overwatch so I don't know if you use the funny money for lootboxes or other things in other countries so I don't know if there's a point to the fake currency in China.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Marco's Best In Slot guide for 1.8 (PVP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ifSHEs7pqs

Links to images for quick reference:

https://twitter.com/Baundiesel/status/944280059317276673

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also thinking of making a new thread, please submit ideas for new thread title

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Also just noticed I'm at 5/6 classy D3. Anyone know if health on kill applies to its overhead bonus?

No, the only sources of overheal that will grant shield healing are the Overdose first aid mod, manually blowing up a support station, and Recovery Link.

If you do actually make a classy D3 build you'll want 9k stamina, put the rest in firearms, then roll skillpower on your knees/backpack/maybe mask or gear mods if you haven't hit the shield cap yet. I don't think health on kill is a useful stat for D3-FNC at all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Tom Clancy's The Division: 2018 Simulator

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ClonedPickle posted:

No, the only sources of overheal that will grant shield healing are the Overdose first aid mod, manually blowing up a support station, and Recovery Link.

If you do actually make a classy D3 build you'll want 9k stamina, put the rest in firearms, then roll skillpower on your knees/backpack/maybe mask or gear mods if you haven't hit the shield cap yet. I don't think health on kill is a useful stat for D3-FNC at all.

What is the skill power cap? I'm currently at 5k, 6k, 4k for my stats, with the electronic mods having haste attached to them. I can take a tremendous amount of punishment already and melt elites in no time flat.

Have no health on kill at the moment and looks as it'll stay that way if it doesn't apply to the 6pc bonus.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The Division: Rick Valassi Was Right

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

You had the best suggestion in the beginning of this thread.

"Tom Clancy's The Division: C.R.E.A.M. - Caches Rule Everything Around Me"

Make the new thread on Dec. 26.

Fake edit: My phone wanted me to finish "Tom Clancy's The..." with "Disappointment.". :laffo:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I want to be a supporty boy. Gun shooty is fun but I want to be a skillsman, with super low cooldowns and powerful abilities. What should I work towards?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I suppose it's an old joke and honestly I'm kind of over it by now but The Division - Tom Clancy's Donald Trump's America Simulator 2018

Knifegrab posted:

I want to be a supporty boy. Gun shooty is fun but I want to be a skillsman, with super low cooldowns and powerful abilities. What should I work towards?

At the moment Tacticians Authority is your general all-purpose skill gearset. It doesn't excel at a specific skill in the same way that D3 does for shields or Reclaimer does for healboxes but if you want to use other skills like the seeker mine, sticky mine, smart/mobile cover, or non-flame turret it'll be the best one to use as long as you have the right performance mods, and still keep you alive if you have a healing skill. The Classified TA won't provide a specific bonus either but will potentially make the current 4 piece bonus more powerful in a bit of a weird but interesting way.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 22, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Knifegrab posted:

Tacticians or firecrest set if you wanna blow poo poo up

Reclaimer if you just wanna help out buds

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

poptart_fairy posted:

What is the skill power cap? I'm currently at 5k, 6k, 4k for my stats, with the electronic mods having haste attached to them. I can take a tremendous amount of punishment already and melt elites in no time flat.

Have no health on kill at the moment and looks as it'll stay that way if it doesn't apply to the 6pc bonus.

Skill power cap is approximately 120k for the base ballistic shield and reactive targeting and 180k for assault shield and kinetic breaker. Only 120k matters for D3 builds.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Knifegrab posted:

Let me quote an old post of mine real quick.

Shoren posted:

Here's my Tactician's Authority setup with the super sticky bombs:

**Roll electronics on everything. You should be close to 9k overall**
Barrett's chest piece (for the bonus skillpower when no skills are on cooldown, swap for a reckless chest if you don't have one)
TA mask
TA kneepads
Relentless backpack (this heals you when your skills do damage so a sticky bomb is an instant full-heal)
TA gloves
TA holster

Get +skillpower and +skill haste anywhere you can put it on your gear. Forget about +health because you're guaranteed to be squishy and a few thousand extra health won't help you. All gear mods should be electronics with +skillpower or +skill haste and performance mods should be sticky bomb damage (4% is max).

For skills run with a turret and sticky bomb. The turret is useful because it provides bonus stack for your TA 4-piece and will provide a constant small amount of healing. For talents have Shrapnel and Chain Reaction for bonus explosive damage when you hit multiple enemies. The last two are your choice, but I would recommend bonus damage protection when using a medkit at low health and Strike Back for bonus skill haste at low health.

This is what pulls everything together: get a GS 204 assault rifle (I use an ACR). Why GS 204? Because you can activate all of the following talents even though your equipment is 100% electronics). Roll on it Destructive, Predatory and Determined. Never unequip this. With Destructive, your sticky bombs deal bonus damage to armor, Predatory gives bonus heading on kill, and Determined will cut cooldown times in half when you kill stuff.

My sticky bombs will kill anything short of a heavy or an officer guaranteed. The more enemies you hit with the sticky the stronger it will be. You also get healed every time you do damage with a skill so there's no need to use healing skills, just stay in cover. All the skill haste and Determined also affect your signature skill so using Recovery Link as an emergency heal means the cooldown is about the same as a low skillpower build's first aid.

One final thing to remember is that TA has been tweaked so that only you and your turret build stacks now. You can't rely on teammates shooting things up to build your stack anymore.

This is a super fun build and completely breaks the mold. Just sticky bomb everything and watch the bodies fly!

Shoren fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 22, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Shoren posted:

Let me quote an old post of mine real quick.

Just for clarification, is this "one-shots all mans on 4-person heroic missions," or something else?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Just for clarification, is this "one-shots all mans on 4-person heroic missions," or something else?

Never used it on a heroic incursion, but short of heavies and the officer-type enemies I've never had problems one-shotting enemies. At the very least you'll do massive damage or take them to a sliver of their life.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Roman posted:

Tom Clancy's The Division: Negative Ramos, your inventory is full.

Edit:

Where do I get my holiday and GE participation rewards? Premium vendor isn't giving me anything new.

Oooh they're in the rewards claim guy on the resource tab, whoops :haw:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 22, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Rick_Hunter posted:

Skill power cap is approximately 120k for the base ballistic shield and reactive targeting and 180k for assault shield and kinetic breaker. Only 120k matters for D3 builds.

Excellent, thank you. I flatten challenging content even when solo. Only thing I can't do right now is the incursions - need to delve into legendary...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Tom Clan's Destiny 2.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Where do we get the 5 free Cypher keys? I checked the Rewards vendor and I'm not seeing poo poo.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Thread title possibilities:

My Loot box brings all the Rikers to the yard
Good, bad, I'm the guy with 47 guns in my backpack
BFB Sticky Situations
Agent with a SHIELD
Flame Turret: It BBQs people and dinner
This is Ramos, I'm wounded but I can grind
Cleaners are all Twisted Firestarters (Come play this game!)
No sleep til I finish the Brooklyn tutorial

more later, going to work now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fuzz posted:

Where do we get the 5 free Cypher keys? I checked the Rewards vendor and I'm not seeing poo poo.

I found it under the resource tab. Double check there?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Capn Beeb posted:

Tom Clancy's The Division: Negative Ramos, your inventory is full.

this one's got potential. It's topical (your inventory IS full) and it's not Rick Valassi.

for my 0.02 I wanna give a big ol nope to all the political jokes, because they're all :mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
The Division: We want LA, uphill, both ways, in the snow

needs work

• Locked thread