Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Morter posted:

Cool thanks. Oh, and should i leave the overworld loot boxes I find for level 30? Or should I just snatch them up instantly?
they will all still be green and blue items and useless after level 30, just use them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finally got back into my account. :homebrew: I am level 29 on PC and I am dying a lot. I think my gear is really bad and I have no mods, I don't know how i've made it this far, someone please help. :/ my screen name is omgitsbees

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
What's the best thing to do with gear you don't want now? Dismantle or sell?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nawid posted:

What's the best thing to do with gear you don't want now? Dismantle or sell?

Sell seems about right, i made 1.5mil credits in like four hours

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I opened a stream of this last night to see some of the patch changes and the first thing I saw was the girl playing using an automatic rifle to gun down a hoodie-clad, baseball bat-wielding 'looter' a block away from her and making some remark like "Hands up don't shoot THIS, you black lives bitch."

Very nice. Ubisoft knows exactly who to cater their games toward, I guess.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Deviant posted:

Yeah I sell all my garbage, then use it to buy cache boxes from vendors to get bird coins/more items.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Basically that. Crafting is just dumb right now unless you want something you absolutely need. Items break down into fewer mats and crafting requires too many mats in my opinion. It's not worth it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
If they had a small chance of dropping end-game blueprints, maybe, but as it stands you're gonna be rolling in loot that crafting doesn't seem necessary

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I would say crafting mods and attachments is still worth it. They drop more now but some are way better than others. And right now mods with +armor are the way to go.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Deviant posted:

Just rerolled all my gear following SkillUps advice and dumped 5m in the process. Now I'm decked with 4x AB 2x Nomad and a pimped M60 + Pakhan with really good talents.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Roman posted:

I would say crafting mods and attachments is still worth it. They drop more now but some are way better than others. And right now mods with +armor are the way to go.

Are you talking about via blueprints that are only gotten via a boggling amount of phoenix credits?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Morter posted:

Are you talking about via blueprints that are only gotten via a boggling amount of phoenix credits?

Yes. I should have added that in my post. Because you absolutely want armor, it's worth getting and crafting the stamina/firearm/electronic mods.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Holy poo poo, I may have to get back into this since I got the Gold edition at launch. Any PS4 Goons still active that I used to run around with?

sojakfa
Jul 10, 2008
Been playing this on PC, can confirm it is good again! My uplay id is ArbyOfLight if anybody wants to run around the Dark Zone or run HVT or whatever.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Holy poo poo, I may have to get back into this since I got the Gold edition at launch. Any PS4 Goons still active that I used to run around with?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1avcfdBWSXbL6pp1iNminZIfBrBAPE7zR0RCsTxOyhBY/edit#gid=1296967229

What's your PSN name. I'll add you and get you in our PS4 chat group. Makes it pretty easy to alert others when you're on or if you're LFG.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
This should also go into the second post imho. Also please use the video tag. So much nicer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mQ4RflFE0

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I played this a bunch in beta and then a tiny bit after launch, and for some reason I have it on both PC and PS4.

Assuming that I'm like level 5 and don't remember anything about the game, and that my PC is very powerful (1080, i7-6700K, etc.):

- should I play on PS4 or PC? I was OK at Destiny PVE, so the controller is probably OK as long as the gunfeel is similar

- should I just restart from a clean slate?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I opened a stream of this last night to see some of the patch changes and the first thing I saw was the girl playing using an automatic rifle to gun down a hoodie-clad, baseball bat-wielding 'looter' a block away from her and making some remark like "Hands up don't shoot THIS, you black lives bitch."

And then 10 donation messages appeared. What the gently caress has gaming come to??????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My god the load times in this game are abysmal even on an SSD, I forgot how bad that was

I forget, is there an ingame group or guild analogue?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

I played this a bunch in beta and then a tiny bit after launch, and for some reason I have it on both PC and PS4.
Assuming that I'm like level 5 and don't remember anything about the game, and that my PC is very powerful (1080, i7-6700K, etc.):
- should I play on PS4 or PC? I was OK at Destiny PVE, so the controller is probably OK as long as the gunfeel is similar
- should I just restart from a clean slate?
If you're level 5 you might as well restart and do the tutorial again. As for PC or PS4, it's a lot better on PC, running at 60 fps while PS4 is stuck at 30 and currently has occasional lag/stuttering issues. But overall it's fine on both.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Roman posted:

If you're level 5 you might as well restart and do the tutorial again. As for PC or PS4, it's a lot better on PC, running at 60 fps while PS4 is stuck at 30 and currently has occasional lag/stuttering issues. But overall it's fine on both.

Any relevant differences in terms of community?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Is 4 AB + 2 Nomad the best if I'm rockin an M60 + that LVOAC the vendor was selling the other day. I'm currently running 4 Firecrest with the flamethrower bot and while it's great in groups, I'm looking for something so I can do solo stuff.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Subjunctive posted:

Any relevant differences in terms of community?

On PC you may have to deal with hackers (though I haven't noticed any)

On PS4 aim assist is built into the game so you have to deal with that. (which may be a plus if your into that)

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Inside Out Mom posted:

Is 4 AB + 2 Nomad the best if I'm rockin an M60 + that LVOAC the vendor was selling the other day. I'm currently running 4 Firecrest with the flamethrower bot and while it's great in groups, I'm looking for something so I can do solo stuff.

The whole point of 4x AlphaBridge is to use two weapons of the same class (2 LMG's, 2 AR's, etc) to get the equivalent of 6 weapon traits active at once. It you're using an LMG and an AR, like you are, the 4 piece is not helping you.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Does that let you stack the same talent, I wonder? That'd be a funny little oversight/bonus. And kinda insane.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
So here's a question: I'm playing this on PS4 and haven't touched it for a little while; would it be better to get the PC version and just play that or stick with the PS4 version?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Is the dlc worth getting if I come back to Tom Clancy.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Dandywalken posted:

Does that let you stack the same talent, I wonder? That'd be a funny little oversight/bonus. And kinda insane.
It doesn't though.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Inside Out Mom posted:

4 AB + 2 Nomad best M60 so I can do solo stuff

Watch this video. I copied his build today and it's an eye opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLcbO1MWcug

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Haha yea, those gamers man. :rolleyes:

Game owns now but I'm getting my rear end kicked by everything, A.I feels smarter to.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Preechr posted:

The whole point of 4x AlphaBridge is to use two weapons of the same class (2 LMG's, 2 AR's, etc) to get the equivalent of 6 weapon traits active at once. It you're using an LMG and an AR, like you are, the 4 piece is not helping you.

oooooooh. gotcha. sorry i'm trying to keep up but I don't have a lot of time to learn all the sets yet.

Vax posted:

Watch this video. I copied his build today and it's an eye opener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLcbO1MWcug

right on. I'll give this a look.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ZombyDog posted:

It doesn't though.

Fair enough.

Wonder if they'll go beyond World-Tier 4 eventually? Run this fucker up to 10 I say.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I got a 229 Showstopper today and this thing is too much fun in pve now that it was buffed. Bad talent rolls and I have no idea if the damage roll is good, since there's no way to compare, but it melts npcs at close range. If you aim well you can take down a heavy in one mag.

I have a godly Custom M870 with Responsive, Destructive and Ferocious (in the 3rd free slot) and I'm tempted to make an Alpha Bridge/Showstopper build now.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Dandywalken posted:

Wonder if they'll go beyond World-Tier 4 eventually? Run this fucker up to 10 I say.
Well, the purpose of 1.4 was to lay the foundation for future stuff. Imagine if they kept everything at 1.3 levels and then made something harder than that.

I don't think they're gonna throw all this loot at us and then keep difficulty as is forever.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
I'm like 83% sure Roman does this lovely formatting on purpose just to trigger me. Seriously bro.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Vax posted:

I'm like 83% sure Roman does this lovely formatting on purpose just to trigger me. Seriously bro.
I have no idea what you're talking about

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Is crafting worthwhile while I'm leveling to 30, or should I always be trading my unused weapons for the quartermaster's loose change?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I said come in! posted:

I finally got back into my account. :homebrew: I am level 29 on PC and I am dying a lot. I think my gear is really bad and I have no mods, I don't know how i've made it this far, someone please help. :/ my screen name is omgitsbees
Stick to World Tier 1 and just wander around killing whatever you see in the open world. If that doesn't work, just join any matchmaking you can find and get to level 30 with them. The loot you get should bump you up quite a bit.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You found a bigot on the Internet? Call the press.

Roman posted:

Well, the purpose of 1.4 was to lay the foundation for future stuff. Imagine if they kept everything at 1.3 levels and then made something harder than that.

I don't think they're gonna throw all this loot at us and then keep difficulty as is forever.
Aside from the facts that the game is fixed, people are playing it, and I'm having lots of fun... this is what excites me the most about 1.4. The idea that they'll now gradually add more and more stuff to do in the game and keep it alive in a Diablo 3 kind of way (some things go to expansions/DLCs, some things are free patches) is just too cool for a loot shooter. They're doing things that Hellgate London and Borderlands should have done better, things that Destiny still doesn't get right and needs to fix. It's crazy that it took this long for someone to figure it out.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Inside Out Mom posted:

Since it's a long video, 4 AB/2 Nomad is really good on M60s. I'm running a brutal/accurate/fierce M60 paired up with a sustained/destructive/ferocious RPK and it is fantastic for elites. Between sustained, nomad, and my mask I have 25% heal on kill which gives me a lot of leeway. Obviously this would not work in PvP, so I keep a 3 piece lone star and banshee on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Brine posted:

Obviously this would not work in PvP, so I keep a 3 piece lone star and banshee on me.

Naive question: why wouldn't it work in PvP? Just because kills are much less frequent?

• Locked thread