Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

But... the gates? They're all in ruins!

:psyboom:

Well you're not throwing him through the gates to send him to Oblivion, its cause it'll hurt when he lands on the other side and maybe he'll get a few scratches and bruises from impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Leal posted:

Well you're not throwing him through the gates to send him to Oblivion, its cause it'll hurt when he lands on the other side and maybe he'll get a few scratches and bruises from impact.

"At" would also be acceptable. Repeatedly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Orv posted:

All I really remember about Redwall is that some sort of animal worked for a giant murderbadger in a cool mountain fortress, the main mouse was a total bitch and the books got super hosed up for what were ostensibly kids books the further they went in.

redwall had some hardcore descriptions of ferrets getting decapitated

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Redwall spawned many vore and hypnosis fetishists thanks to the loving snakes. Also Jaques was a super conservative and his books are rife with terrible poo poo.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Kokoro Wish posted:

Redwall spawned many vore and hypnosis fetishists thanks to the loving snakes. Also Jaques was a super conservative and his books are rife with terrible poo poo.

Really? That's a shame, I was thinking about rereading them sometime :(

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Repostin a classic

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/bargain-book-bin-3/

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The better books skirt away from Redwall proper and focus more on Salamandastron aka Berzerker Badger Mountain

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
About paid mods: Wasn't one of the issues also that authors could have free mods as dependencies, but not the other way around, so someone could take a cool armor or something from a modders' resource, make a paid mod with it, and never have to compensate anyone? Also, a lot of mods were dependent on other mods, and the more popular ones were going paid (like SkyUI) which basically meant huge numbers of mods would end up broken and rendered unfixable unless their authors wanted to recreate the lost functionality from scratch.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I don't think Valve knew what they were getting into with regards to dependencies, and that was part of the problem.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
As for SkyUI, I believe the previous non-paid version was planned to still be available, while the paid version had extra features or something.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I would like to apologise to this mod author for not remembering and not posting this on the first page

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aa2K_firtI

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Responding to a critic posted:

Are you a Jew, Mr. Mackey? Does there, perhaps, run through your veins the occasional drop of the "lower" blood? Do you speak the tongue of civilization, or do the thick, guttural animal sounds of the African or Semitic "languages" ever escape your lips?
:magical:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Two Beans posted:

Someone should mod in a character based on Arthmoor that's a bard singing the Dragonborn song incorrectly and badly, who claims his version has better lyrics than the original. Then include a quest from a jarl or someone to make him a mute.
I suggest a low-effort alternative. Just rename Nazeem to Arthmoor.

And add some nice Trump posters to his farm.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 1, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The Arthmoor quest should have the option for the player to side with him and perform his glorious quest of constructing an oblivion gate in Skyrim.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Actual trolls show up to attack the project periodically.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Firing arrows and Flinging spell on top of the half constructed 10-stories gate at waves of giant troll does sounds epic.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Standing on the gate reduces shout cooldown to 0 so you can stand on the gate and yell at the trolls.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Would the phrase "Something awful this way comes!" to announce the boss troll's arrival be a bit too on the nose?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ultimately, arthmoor succeed in constructing the gate and out come the deadra god of Besthesta - Peter Hines, he told him the deadra don't want a gate here for it is loving cold. Then leave through the gate and destroy it from the other side.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Some future serial killers are obsessed with human taxidermy. A few even venture into furniture.

:nms: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19698/ :nms:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

SplitSoul posted:

Some future serial killers are obsessed with human taxidermy. A few even venture into furniture.

:nms: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19698/ :nms:

The most insulting thing about that is him using a Resident Evil character in the screens.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

armchairyoda posted:

But... the gates? They're all in ruins!

:psyboom:

Taking Arthmoor's assertion that the gates don't go away as a given:

Seriously, though, aren't the gates made of the same stuff as daedric weapons? This makes them a valuable resource. If anything, the gates would have been destroyed in short order.

In any case: And there should be farms with daedric stone walls. I imagine the Nords would have the same solution as New England farmers and smash the drat things to get them out of the way and make low boundary walls out of them. Two hundred years later, you'd have fully-developed forests where farms had been abandoned and you could conceivably stumble across a lucrative, if heavy, daedric stone wall that you could haul off and use to make arms and armor.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Does anybody else remember when Mojang changed portals in minecraft so they could be any size and some guy got into a huge fit over how it ruins the lore and breaks immersion? I could swear it happened, but I can't find anything about it now.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

psivamp posted:

Taking Arthmoor's assertion that the gates don't go away as a given:

Seriously, though, aren't the gates made of the same stuff as daedric weapons? This makes them a valuable resource. If anything, the gates would have been destroyed in short order.

In any case: And there should be farms with daedric stone walls. I imagine the Nords would have the same solution as New England farmers and smash the drat things to get them out of the way and make low boundary walls out of them. Two hundred years later, you'd have fully-developed forests where farms had been abandoned and you could conceivably stumble across a lucrative, if heavy, daedric stone wall that you could haul off and use to make arms and armor.

Well, they'd be made of Ebony with Deadra souls slapped in them, so yeah that would be pretty drat valuable.

Of course, this all hinges on Arty being correct that the only reason oblivion gates closed was because Bethesda -wanted- them to stay standing but couldn't ~figure out how to do it~ and that's the most ridiculous loving assertion I think I've ever heard about anything.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Magmarashi posted:

Well, they'd be made of Ebony with Deadra souls slapped in them, so yeah that would be pretty drat valuable.

Of course, this all hinges on Arty being correct that the only reason oblivion gates closed was because Bethesda -wanted- them to stay standing but couldn't ~figure out how to do it~ and that's the most ridiculous loving assertion I think I've ever heard about anything.

Only someone with Arthmoor's artistic vision could figure out how to add a bunch of static models to the game.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

QuantaStarFire posted:

Only someone with Arthmoor's artistic vision could figure out how to add a bunch of static models to the game.

Please spellcheck your posts.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Dirk the Average posted:

Please spellcheck your posts.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Only someone with Arthmoor's autistic vision could figure out how to add a bunch of static models to the game.

Happy now?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Your spellcheck doesn't fits Dirk the Average's autistic vision of English Grammar and his world view of the language's lore that supported his grand vision of internet posting etiquette. Please use comma?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Those Oblivion gates were ugly as hell back when he first added them. They have not aged well with a decade more added to that.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Is there a DOOM mod that adds this song to the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEbQkcjUWk

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

loving hell, Arthmoor is shilling his own mods on a Bethesda article

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I mean, in fairness, they asked him in the context of talking about how he was busy uploading (presumably his) mods.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Perfect.

Nyaa posted:

Your spellcheck doesn't fits Dirk the Average's autistic vision of English Grammar and his world view of the language's lore that supported his grand vision of internet posting etiquette. Please use comma?

Commas are not enough. For proper grammar one must use Π in every paragraph.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dirk the Average posted:

Commas are not enough. For proper grammar one must use Π in every paragraph.

It's our very own textual Oblivion Gate. :allears:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Bernardo Orel posted:

Does anybody else remember when Mojang changed portals in minecraft so they could be any size and some guy got into a huge fit over how it ruins the lore and breaks immersion? I could swear it happened, but I can't find anything about it now.

That was the guy with the Better Than Wolves mod (Flowerchild I think?) and I remember the rant you describe being a way too long series of tweets.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/377896068840579072

https://twitter.com/FlowerChildXL/status/377897716870688768

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

reductio ad adsurdum

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

What are even building design contraints in Minecraft? You cannot build building the size of Jupiter? Or that you cannot build a castle out of sand?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
See, by saying a portal to the nether has to be exactly ten obsidian blocks, instead of ten or more obsidian blocks, you've created a more sophisticated game. A player could collect more of the difficult to obtain material, and make a bigger gate than normal, but then the gameplay experience for that player wouldn't be exactly the same as any other player's. That would be something a filthy casual would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Simply barbaric.