Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Cranky Steve would love that fullbright lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Lunethex posted:

:eyepop:

is there a lens flare tribute for lens flare tributes video?

Jesus, my eyes hurt just looking at the thumbnail.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Doc Morbid posted:

This ranks extremely low on the scale of awful mods, but I will never understand people who insist on making their games look like poo poo with ENB/Reshade presets.

Did you ever think to yourself, "Mass Effect is a cool game but man, I wish I could make it look more like someone's filming a TV screen on a low-quality cellphone camera"? Well, good news because now you can!

Did someone get nostalgic for the eye-searing cyan-magenta-yellow palette of really early computer games? That's really the only way I can think of that you would think that this isn't painful to look at.

Also, you know it's a good graphical mod when you can only see the decolletage and face!

Fake edit:
This guy didn't play as FemShep, so his opinions about Mass Effect are objectively wrong.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

psivamp posted:

Did someone get nostalgic for the eye-searing cyan-magenta-yellow palette of really early computer games? That's really the only way I can think of that you would think that this isn't painful to look at.

There was a loving derail about the best way to make games look like they did on CRTs in the obsolete tech thread; this led to a slap fight over whether game developers of the eighties and nineties used high quality broadcast monitors or consumer TVs, with no one considering that there was no standard.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Crossposting from the weird fanart thread:

Some guy (not me) posted it there and it was too good not to share.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

gyrobot posted:

So top 5 mods of the month and we have a mod called elven chainmail. so why is it so popular to have endorsements?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79664

I think this looks pretty cool as far as fantasy armors go

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bohemian Nights posted:

I think this looks pretty cool as far as fantasy armors go

Yeah I think it has endorsements 'cause it looks good for a Skyrim armor mod.

And it's female only because they wouldn't be able to maintain their erection modeling the other version of it.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Wasabi the J posted:

There was a loving derail about the best way to make games look like they did on CRTs in the obsolete tech thread; this led to a slap fight over whether game developers of the eighties and nineties used high quality broadcast monitors or consumer TVs, with no one considering that there was no standard.

Obviously, they should just be doing everything in monochrome with Hercules amber. And then they can have a holy war with the people who think the one true terminal color was the Apple IIe green!

Seriously, though, there were no standards. Even if you agreed to use standard tech, they weren't calibrated and then left alone. Did these guys forget that many of those CRTs had analog knobs to control various aspects of the electron gun that you aimed at your face?

Edit: Ignore me, I shouldn't try to extend a derail into an even less relevant thread.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mizuti posted:

I meant that the tail looked shoddy and low-effort compared to the rest of her. But the battle thong makes its placement look odd, too.

From the screenshots section. A Skyrim to Oblivion de-vamp, how creative!

Am I the only one reading that expression as a horrified "oh dear God what am I?" sort of thing? She looks so confused and tormented. Like she just woke up like that and is not understanding.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Well the main thing is a lot of those CRT filter mods you have around out there are terrible stuff, made by people who apparently think CRT = 1965 color TV that's about to catch fire, is violently flickering, 1/3 of the total screen is taken up by "scanlines" and which bulges 2 feet out in the center of the screen.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
That sounds pretty accurate to a tv my family had when I was a kid, but I wouldn't want a mod to recreate that sensation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hoping to god that I'm reposting this stuff.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yeah, most of that is reposts, but it's still great.

This one was made by a goon and is particularly good for what it replaces.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Am I the only one reading that expression as a horrified "oh dear God what am I?" sort of thing? She looks so confused and tormented. Like she just woke up like that and is not understanding.

That's very common in the modding scene. Guys make their perfect waifu and show it off to the world, and the poor woman looks on the verge of tears.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Yeah, most of that is reposts,

nooooo, dammit

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

RareAcumen posted:

Hoping to god that I'm reposting this stuff.

This one would be decent if not for the stupid loving anime hair.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

This one would be decent if not for the stupid loving anime hair.

dang, look how wrong you are. are you taking some kind of performance enhancing drug? because being that wrong is beyond human limits.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Playing Skyrim as a skeleton is great

I wish the person making it had fixed the legs clipping out of your boots though

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

DicktheCat posted:

Crossposting from the weird fanart thread:

Some guy (not me) posted it there and it was too good not to share.

Honestly I feel like Strong Bad is more of the Tommy Vercetti type.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Last time I tried the skeleton mod, there wasn't a proper death animation so your character would bolt into a T-pose.

It was my favourite because it looked like they should have a monocle popping out and should be shouting "Well I NEVER! What absolute twaddle!"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Scyantific posted:

More to that Gategate thing:

Arthmoor was one of the modders granted early access to Skyrim Special Edition, and as such, ported over the Open Cities mod with the Oblivion Gates intact.

Is that true? Where are they, I haven't seen them. He definitely has a standalone mod to add the gates, so I thought he'd taken them out of open cities...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jagged Jim posted:

He also absolutely hated Hohmann Transfer Orbits for some reason, (For those that don't know, Hohmann Transfer Orbits are one the most efficient methods of traveling between bodies, and KSP values efficiency) so he nerfed Solar Power into oblivion and made all of the batteries ridiculously heavy to try and force you into making inefficient direct transfers instead.

Scott Manley did a video on it in case you want a taste of the madness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1HCK_beIg

I shouldn't be surprised that a modder decided he hates an actual true thing about orbital mechanics but well, here we are

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Doc Morbid posted:

This ranks extremely low on the scale of awful mods, but I will never understand people who insist on making their games look like poo poo with ENB/Reshade presets.

Did you ever think to yourself, "Mass Effect is a cool game but man, I wish I could make it look more like someone's filming a TV screen on a low-quality cellphone camera"? Well, good news because now you can!

It's even more annoying when you know what ENB-type mods can actually do in games like GTA IV and Skyrim. The GTA modding community in particular seems to have a collective raging hardon for realistic graphics, and they're doing some pretty neat stuff with it. I think it makes the already quite good textures in GTA IV look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMHT51C1f0

fishmech posted:

Well the main thing is a lot of those CRT filter mods you have around out there are terrible stuff, made by people who apparently think CRT = 1965 color TV that's about to catch fire, is violently flickering, 1/3 of the total screen is taken up by "scanlines" and which bulges 2 feet out in the center of the screen.

Yeah, I probably started that derail, or kept it going at least.

People just have a tendency to overdo everything, simply because they can and because they think more is always better. With some restraint, a decent filter will take the edge off the sharp-edged oversized pixels on a modern high-resolution and make the overall picture more pleasant to look at.

Since I got my hands on a high-quality TV and SCART RGB cables for my consoles, I have to say that I've never seen a picture that sharp and well-defined on a CRT TV before. I should have upgraded from composite video ages ago. Old 3D games still look like rear end because of the low resolution and crappy textures (I'm on a GTA binge right now), but 2D games look ridiculously good. I definitely had my filter for playing on my PC monitor set way too soft compared to what a good TV can do with the best available connection methods.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 5, 2016

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

RareAcumen posted:

nooooo, dammit

Never feel ashamed for reposting these. It's good to remember the images that sent us on our long spiral downwards into the depths of the :nexus:

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
Is the op full or can we get the flowcharts for that body romance pose mod that appeared before anyone knew what the hell was going on

Orv
May 4, 2011
Link it.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So, what's on the Nexus toda--

One mod fixing something Bethesda should have fixed themselves and five sexy lady followers. Yup, that's Skyrim modding.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Default outfit is nordic carverd bikini.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
haha, "carved bikini"

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

An important mod has appeared for Skyrim SE:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3138/

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
That song just doesn't have the same feel to it in Skyrim because you can't grapple on to dragons and be flown into the sky only to stab them again and fall down to earth on them.

And then do it again.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lunethex posted:

That song just doesn't have the same feel to it in Skyrim because you can't grapple on to dragons and be flown into the sky only to stab them again and fall down to earth on them.

And then do it again.

This is Skyrim's one major flaw.

That sounds like a joke but seriously Skyrim with Dragon's Dogma's combat would be the best RPG ever made.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Cheshire Cat posted:

That sounds like a joke but seriously Skyrim with Dragon's Dogma's combat would be the best RPG ever made.

That would just be Dragon's Dogman with a bunch of bugs though

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

I know this is a typo, but it's just begging to be turned into a mod

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Orv posted:

Link it.

Here you go. Enjoy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
enjoy is an understatement

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Thought I show off the best example of a mod for Halo 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joBvfJJkELQ

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I'm curious to know what makes you think that. My experience with Dragon's Dogma did not leave me with a positive impression of its combat in even the slightest.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Grizzwold posted:

Here you go. Enjoy?

It now rests where it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

TTBF posted:

I'm curious to know what makes you think that. My experience with Dragon's Dogma did not leave me with a positive impression of its combat in even the slightest.