Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Even that is him altering the voice to match the subtitle. You think it's ironic, but it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

It was a conscious decision on behalf of the developer to make it so that players trapped by other players could eventually kill themselves to force respawn by eating their poo.

And then they added handcuffs which undid all that

Maiden
Mar 18, 2008

Brainamp posted:

Gave the mod a runthrough last night and I gotta echo (hah) those complaints. It was interesting that it pushed the horror aspect of headcrabs, like trying to make a black mesa version of ravenholm, but zombies are just such a non-threat in HL1. On the other hand, it decided to throw multiple alien grunts and vortigaunts at you when your only weapons were the pistol and a shotgun. There was also something of a plot with Eli Vance narration and a giant friendly alien that I did not understand.

Just really weird design choices. At least the times you interact with the security and science teams are fun.

I'm going to chime in with agreement. It's a pretty good fan mod, but the encounter design had me frustrated with the sheer amount of cheap shots the mod throws at you.
I think you're supposed to be playing Eli's wife, and the friendly alien is trying to protect you from the G-man I think? But failing. I was too busy wondering why they combined a hydrolisk with a penis to think more about it, to be honest.