Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Huh. I haven't had any problems logging on to get Stardew Valley mods, though it still has been pushy and begging me for money I don't have.

Maybe the servers are just turbofucked for the big games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Leal posted:

Ever wanted to have :nws: Dexter's Mom in your Skyrim adventures?

Ah, yes! Skyrim is made for dads! And dad's mods.

Ghostlight posted:

The reason is the metaphor is not the building of a cathedral - a significant public works project that could only be completed with extreme difficulty without community support - but an absolute shithead's interpretation of how a cathedral functions where you go in and receive the words that a privileged elite deem to give you from the book.

But didn't you know that Victor Hugo built the entirety of Notre Dame with his bare hands and etc etc etc.

Yeah, Cathedral and Bazaar would be better described as "Religion and Community". Cathedral and Parlor doesn't mix up its metaphors like this does, it's a public project versus a personal project.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: BATS, CAN NOT FORGET THE BATS

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, Unity, similar to other widely-accessible game creation engines like RPGMaker or the like, is the haven of shovelware trash not because it's a bad engine, but because anybody with free time and $50 can churn out something with the lowest effort possible.

You can do fantastic things with both but that requires effort, and knowing how to design games, and giving a gently caress.

Either way, the accessibility is what makes it so popular for making low-budget trash on, not any sort of fault or flaw in the engine itself.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 17, 2020

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

New Silent Hill Wiki mod looks great.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aniviron posted:

BathDOOM is a work of art. :colbert:

The bathroom upon which it is modeled, however, is absolutely a testament to your initial point, however.

BathDOOM is a work of art because the source material is so asinine and godawful.

I for one desperately hope that the sequel, Groverdoom, was not a throwaway stinger joke and is actually being worked on.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Henceforth comes the healdom

We just call that American Health Care.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Titanic posted:

My fear of letting people down has prevented me from enjoying the internet for the most part.

:same:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't call that ridiculous because it was already canon in Fallout 2.

Goris was the best drat companion you could get, unless you consider Dogmeat and K9 better for being good boys. Any mods that let you have a blender in a trenchcoat as your best friend are good in my book.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orv posted:

Equalis, huh. This week on Is it horse dick or egalitarianism.

It's always horse dick.

My favorite part is "incentivizing" dudes to be more horny. As if you really need that, generally.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's a shame that "don't expect to get much traction with the tweaker crowd" is probably too long for a thread title.

Has the same energy as the old butthurt WildStar drama, at that.

E: "quash your conveniences" might work, though.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 8, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cernunnos posted:

That last one isn't a downside imo

Truly the one thing untouched by capitalism. Tim Curry.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dareon posted:

Well, that coat certainly does make one look like a drip, but I doubt it sprung into existence fully-formed on Goku.

I don't know why it's called "Drip" but pretty much any meme with flashy-looking Supreme branded clothes is called that now. :shrug: Goku was just patient zero.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The obvious crux of this is that nobody on the Nexus's forums will listen to that sort of well-thought-out and nuanced discussion about the matter like we're having here, and will instead panic and make Stalin comparisons about a mod site, or try to defend their special uwu paid-membership mod site. The actual "neither side is actually fully understanding the implications" discussion would get buried under sensationalism, as such is the nature of discourse.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Lone Badger posted:

It's been awhile since we last had a Slab Safari, so here are some quotes from the last page of random threads for you

Coincidentally, a friend just brought up a Slab mod that they were "sure we were talking about here" but I don't entirely recall, so.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: This Is The Butt Plug Slot

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hel posted:

Is this the mod that let you power Power Armor by putting the energy cells up your butt? Or are there multiple random butt plug mods?

I think so? If not, :nws: it IS compatible :nws: with it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Skippy McPants posted:

What's wrong with fitted sheets?

In my experience, mostly storage. I have never learned how to fold a fitted sheet and NOT have it come out to be a goddamn nightmare afterward, even the Foolproof Techniques everyone seems to have turn into disaster in my hands. Plus, if you're a restless sleeper there's a good chance you'll just yank the fitted sheets off as you toss and turn anyway, thus lending to you get elastic bands for holding it on.

silentsnack posted:

Even better, they both have to be asleep in the same bed for the possible event to trigger (MTBF x hours) to wake up in the middle of the night to gently caress. Like there's no motivation or conscious choice leading the pawns to take any action, the universe just flips a coin to decide whether 2 unconscious people accidentally bumble their way into copulation.

"I fell on top of her, while I was naked, it wasn't sexual assault". Good to see Rimworld is still Rimworld. :allears:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 25, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Doc Hawkins posted:

that one doom mod...

Sonic Robo Blast 2 is legitimately better put together than most official Sonic games, even the Genesis ones. It's surreal.

But yeah Sonic as a series has always been about janky-rear end physics, awkward if not malicious level design, and a thin veneer of programming barely keeping reality held together, even in those original days. Either you vibe with that or you don't, and a lot of people were cool with it in 2D but can't stand it in 3D.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CzarChasm posted:

She doesn't seem to use her magical dolphin while underwater. How odd.

She's a sky pirate, it's lucky she even knows how to swim.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Relyssa posted:

The legends were true! You're... The Rugborn

Scooting my feet across the rugs repeatedly so that I can static electricity someone as I shout out magic words of power

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't Monster Factory up their character to match the outfit in most of the screenshots. Harry Du Bois needs to look less "1950s Fallout" and more "The Expression".

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 18, 2022

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWJMNYpRikE

Whooo wants to hear Through Fire and Flames... on Trombone? :yayclod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv0XnyHD0BM

I am so glad this game is getting the level of user created content it deserves.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RareAcumen posted:

I don't actually have a mod, just a random idea.

Dark Souls with RNG health. You never know when some random enemy will just have as much HP as the nearby fog door boss.

Ah, the memories of Vagrant Story all flooding back to me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Wasabi the J posted:

idgi won what

people who are either not into feet or don't want to admit they're into feet are super angry at the existence of Quentin Tarantino Designed Juri.

So now she has her feet covered by sick kicks.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

your ring name is vega and you cosplay as juri

missed opportunity imo

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Honestly I'd be down to see either a Dictator or Claw cosplay, though admittedly the latter was my first thought.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kurui Reiten posted:

The point is that Bethesda keeps streamlining their systems, and yet they still keep being broken messes.

One could very easily argue, given the state of Fallout 2 and its popularity over the first game and Tactics, that this fact alone is what makes them the most appropriate studio to work on the franchise.

People only seem to remember the series fondly when it's a broken mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

It's got a playerbase; the exact sort of people you'd expect to play "what if World of Warcraft was a gacha". It's maybe the least surprising game of its type; what you see is what you get, and putting their marketing budget into becoming an everlasting meme is at least working for them as well as Evony's PLAY NOW MY LORD once did.