Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Doc Morbid posted:

This ranks extremely low on the scale of awful mods, but I will never understand people who insist on making their games look like poo poo with ENB/Reshade presets.

Did you ever think to yourself, "Mass Effect is a cool game but man, I wish I could make it look more like someone's filming a TV screen on a low-quality cellphone camera"? Well, good news because now you can!

It's even more annoying when you know what ENB-type mods can actually do in games like GTA IV and Skyrim. The GTA modding community in particular seems to have a collective raging hardon for realistic graphics, and they're doing some pretty neat stuff with it. I think it makes the already quite good textures in GTA IV look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIMHT51C1f0

fishmech posted:

Well the main thing is a lot of those CRT filter mods you have around out there are terrible stuff, made by people who apparently think CRT = 1965 color TV that's about to catch fire, is violently flickering, 1/3 of the total screen is taken up by "scanlines" and which bulges 2 feet out in the center of the screen.

Yeah, I probably started that derail, or kept it going at least.

People just have a tendency to overdo everything, simply because they can and because they think more is always better. With some restraint, a decent filter will take the edge off the sharp-edged oversized pixels on a modern high-resolution and make the overall picture more pleasant to look at.

Since I got my hands on a high-quality TV and SCART RGB cables for my consoles, I have to say that I've never seen a picture that sharp and well-defined on a CRT TV before. I should have upgraded from composite video ages ago. Old 3D games still look like rear end because of the low resolution and crappy textures (I'm on a GTA binge right now), but 2D games look ridiculously good. I definitely had my filter for playing on my PC monitor set way too soft compared to what a good TV can do with the best available connection methods.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mod Of The Decade

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wow, and I backed that piece of poo poo.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dirk the Average posted:

Dreadnoughts would be amazing.

WH40K lore is great, it's just such a shame GW is involved in the games and miniatures.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

TTBF posted:

I'm not seeing a video linked at the end, just the normal "here's other stuff you might like" section. Would you mind linking it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzTboFFgUCE

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I miss Bob Hoskins, I think I'll watch Super Mario Bros. tonight.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

LashLightning posted:

Orks aren't cops, they're anarchists - they strive ensure that everyone is equally krumped, thus eliminating all hierarchies.

Ork society is based on oo'evah's da biggest an' baddest ork, e's da boss nob cuz he krumps all dem uvver boyz, ya git!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Gorkamorka is basically orks crash landing on a planet and infighting until they reach critical orkness and can construct a ramshackle spaceship powered by said orkness, to take them on to new planets.

It rules.

Also orks literally being sentient mobile fungi lichens rules hard.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You can't piss there mate