Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Repostin a classic

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/bargain-book-bin-3/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

quote:

Simple mod for removing underwear from all female beings in game.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

im trying to sneak around but im dummy thicc and the clap from my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the nemesis

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/cgG1KKA.jpg :nws:

This is the quality content I crave.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Long Hog Dad! Longer than you think!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
gently caress the Kusanagi, m150 is the real national treasure of Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Glhoz0Xto

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Also you built up the settlement of Raven Rock in Bloodmoon years before either.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Dragons Fear Me
Women Fear Me
Men Turn Their Eyes Away From Me As I Walk
No Beast Dare Make A Sound In My Presence
I Am Alone On This Barren Nirn

7c Nickel fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 18, 2021

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/EffInvicta/status/1556670557332045824

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

TGLT posted:

I meant for Elder Scrolls. Like Skyrim is way less of an RPG stats-wise than Oblivion, which was less of one than Morrowind

I would argue that the perk system provides far more depth of specialization than the pure number system of Morrowind.

Let's say you are the Master of Blocking in Morrowind. What does that mean?

You now autoblock 50% of attacks, compared to 10% with no skill.

Let's say you are the Master of Blocking in Skyrim. What does that mean?

You can now sprint around at full speed with your shield raised, bowling people over, deflecting magic and arrows and using slowmo to disarming bash anyone who tries to power attack you.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You know, I appreciate the work that the volunteer team is putting into Skywind. I love Morrowind and am looking forward to exploring Vvardenfell again when it comes out. But the latest thing they shared on their discord is just...

quote:

Our item descriptions have been getting a lot of love. Here are a few you won't see in any of our videos. Ebony armor, part 1, by <@525461784824381440> <@283722913079754753> and myself.
**Helmet** - This iridescent helm is smooth and dark as a shard of crystallized night. In its depths, flickering patterns swirl like galaxies: traces of intention coursing through the material, proof that gods never truly die. Slip it over your head, embrace the shadows, and perhaps your will, too, shall ripple across time.
**Cuirass** - Gaze into the mirrored surface of the cuirass, my enemy, and witness your death. Yet wait brother; look beyond your reflection into the abyssal darkness. Do you see it, sister? A world pregnant with meaning and fathomless purpose. Embrace the infinite possibility to which I now return you. Where one day I shall join you.
**Gauntlets** - The fit is ideal, the craftsmanship exquisite. Your hands are shrouded in the ichor of a dead god. Grip your weapon and let the blood of your enemies soak the darkness like a sacrifice. Silence their screams with the resistless power coursing your hands.
**Boots** - Your footsteps glide easily despite the weight of these ebony boots. Their depths teem with the secrets of creation, a frozen reflection of the mingling powers and raw materia from which Tamriel was born. Amber glints swirl across their surface, like stars piercing the void of night.
**Pauldrons** - Lorkhan’s nature was mutation -an animating principle that reshaped matter into living, sentient forms. Perhaps ebony is reality’s response, growing around the principle like a pearl’s nacre, trapping it within a crystalline matrix. These pauldrons are no different: they do not protect you from the world. They protect the world from you.

I usually love flavor text, but the flavor here appears to be the walls of the writer's colon.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
He's got those cute little ear tufts. He's HAD to get used to it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Yeah Bethesda leaning into the old-timey nostalgia aesthetic while mostly half-assing the scathing social satire of the old Fallouts kind of made that inevitable.

Which is a real shame, since Fallout 1 and 2 get gloriously acidic if you go digging around in the obscure bits of in-game lore trying to piece together a sense of what happened. The pre-war America of OG Fallout was a breathtakingly tyrannical empire that forthrightly decided to blow up the entire world rather than accepting defeat (in a war that it probably started), no less!).

Liberty Prime was a tentative attempt at parody that unfortunately didn't go nearly hard enough; the GamersTM saw pre-war America summed up as a towering nuclear-armed war crime machine and said "hell yeah America #1 woo," and Bethesda just shrugged because sales are sales, no matter how stupid and superficial your customers are. In future games, the writers could put in more satire if they wanted (and they did), but the marketing focus etc. continually drifted more and more towards sincere nostalgia for the pseudo-history hinted at in the Fallout setting. Fast forward some years, and now we have chuds proudly publishing Lore Friendly Whites Only mods and apparently not seeing anything wrong with that. It's not a direct A-to-B causality, but it's close enough to squint at.

Not to be salty or anything, but what happened to the Fallout series is honestly a tragedy.

This is really stretching things beyond belief. There is no Bethesda Fallout that is sincerely Ra Ra America.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Challenge Time!

Explain how the Block Skill in Morrowind was more complicated and interesting than the Block Skill in Skyrim.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Even then people exaggerate the problem. I've seen people claim they were one shot by level 50 wolves, but wolves max out at level 6 Timber Wolves. The overall scaling situation is still bad mind you, but people will just make stuff up for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
You heard it here folks, Rats aren't real.