Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
But does it still have alyx’s complete reproductive tract modeled? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

In fallout 2 you could also use your own steal skills to plant armed plastic explosives on the pickpockets. With the right setting on the timer (about 20 seconds IIRC) the little bastards would be in the process of delivering it to their fence, meaning the explosion would kill all of them and not even get you a child killer rep. The less flashy solution was to give them a fatal overdose of super stimpacks, which was pretty much the solution to killing every single biological enemy in the game.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

It’s not me that’s the hosed up weirdo, it’s the characters in this game. Haha, man it would be hot if... I mean, those pigs are probably getting off on it, but not me man, I’m just putting it out there

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Leal posted:

Sounds like a community that is bound to swallow itself up.

No, the sounding community tore itself apart years ago.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Now if only they could mod the show they used for their wallpaper to have a decent loving ending.

E: v: I meant Merlin, but that works too.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 28, 2020

Preechr
May 19, 2009

A weak blue whine.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

From the comments for the Skyrim mod:

quote:

Is it compatible with iNeed - Food Water and Sleep ?!?
:laffo:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This reminds me of a guy who made "what-if" UFO's and the like with the Iron Cross emblazoned on them in the Space Engineers workshop (think like the film Iron Sky) and got really upset when I called him out on it, giving the good old "IRON CROSS IS NOT A NAZI SYMBOL AND I WILL TELL YOU IN INTENSE DETAIL WHY!!" defense that just told you exactly how upset they were at being unmasked as a Nazi.

Was he even trying by using post-ww2 or Kaiser-era iron crosses, or just wink-wink-nudge-nudge Wehrmacht imagery? In my experience, closet nazis use pre-ww2 variants, barely-even-pretending “muh clean Wehrmacht” nazis use ww2 variants, and pretty much nobody uses bundeswehr variants because there’s no edgelord reason to.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 22, 2020

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Moving out of red circles is a net DPS loss, healers adjust.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Hmm, yes, let me blast all over the internet how I am making Star Wars content for another game. Surely the House of Mouse, which has had zero chill, ever, will not slap their dick down on me this time like they have for every single one of these projects that they have ever taken notice of.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Orv posted:

It's annoyingly more complicated than them just revealing a Star Wars mod for another game and I think as far as us mere mortals have ever figured out there's no rhyme or reason to it. Some Star Wars mods for games have existed for a decade+ without ever getting slapped. Best guess I have is the ones that get murdered are infringing on an upcoming or planned Disney thing. The Squad Star Wars mod won't get slapped cause there's no hardcore Star Wars milsim game in the pipe, for example.

I will forever resent the cancellation of Imperial Commando.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Leal posted:

Learn something new every day!

For a fun take on this, find yourself a copy of “The Last Ringbearer,” a Russian story about what happens after the Lord of the Rings. It treats LOTR as fantasy-NATO propaganda and tries to find dignity in the collapse of the noble Mordor empire after being perfidiously struck down by Ronald Reagan- err, Gandalf.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Look, if the titty magic mod makes your tits grow when you have more magicka, it’s only reasonable that ripping souls out of dragons makes your dong longer.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I remember the Morrowind travel systems to be so loving annoying after 50 hours of play that I eventually abused the hell out of bugs, the alchemy system, the spell system, and the enchantment system to make it so I could pump my stats up thousands of points very briefly in order to leap halfway across the island from a running start and survive.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Thanks that's really helpful! It's weird how mod packs are everywhere now, when I was last modding Skyrim they were verboten by Big Mod

It’s almost like all the biggest and most insufferable babies stormed off in a huff when nexus made it so they couldn’t gently caress people over by deleting their mods out of packs and the people who are left are cool with it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Going up to every argonian I see and casting light spells at them because that's what you people enjoy right?

New character idea: dunmer who is trying but still also racist.

When I first started playing Skyrim shortly after release I made sure to use the healing touch spell to pet all the cows in that starting village.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

It's super annoying that you can't just zap all the people in the kynareth temple in whiterun with that spell.

Like mate I can literally get stabbed in the face by a zombie and this fixes it what are you laying there for.

I love that there is a part where you can do that, entirely unprompted, in Baldur’s Gate 2 and the game actually recognizes that you did it and the NPC and his family are grateful to you for the rest of their lives. Which is about 12 hours from that point, lmao

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I imagine that's precisely why it got cut - so you don't accidentally miss out on a bunch of dialogue options to progress the story in various paths.

Given that you get the opportunity to murder him with any weapons you choose within 30 seconds of that very decision, not so much! You can, of course, just keep giving him second and third chances if you really want. You end up going to the same places anyway, but for different reasons. It’s pretty well thought out.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Do they think Black folks just didn't exist back then?

I'm assuming he's an authority figure, given his dictator appearance, so maybe it's just that?

Knowing nothing about the actual mod other than what is described here, I would assume that since America culturally stagnated in the 50’s, there was no civil rights movement (at least not a successful one) and with fifties levels of racism there were probably few opportunities and many genocides for minorities, particularly during and especially after the final war. Remember, they occupied Canada and cleansed it; you think they wouldn’t commit a few light atrocities at home?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

“The future of the fifties would have been awful, actually” is a pretty consistent theme in Fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

not even the most degenerate of tittymodders would display such a pisspoor slapdash effort with any amount of pride

For loving real, at least do the top too, get rid of the elbow pads and the wrist-mounted pipboy, and call it a fallout 1/2 lore-accurate vault suit instead of that Bethesda fallout baggy jumpsuit poo poo.