Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thead: I mean they at least have faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

orange juche posted:

the gently caress is a historical swastika
it's like a regular swastika except you pretend it's not.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

as long as the anus stays anus (tight)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

orange juche posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Enter the sewer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you guys ever seen a mod so good it became an official music video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzS_uhiyCI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVQkI1EBVRw

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I figure that like, they can't operate in the open, so they gotta make stuff on the sly, and also the other umbrella cells are like, constantly trying to strongarm them into lending support to their bioweapon projects so it's like a thing where you have to balance the budget while also keeping the various factions onside and not being discovered as the company that makes leather daddy outfits for the monster that just destroyed a small eastern european country last week.
they contract to hugo boss.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

healing is an invisible chore. nobody cares who does it or how its done as long as continues to be done and they don't have to think about it. healers are the sanitation workers of mmorpgs and they're treated with the same dignity society reserves for essential workers in real life.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

living as a girl
you can help yourself with magic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

archery is a form of ranged combat, and all ranged combat is unmanly due to the inherent cowardice of striking from a distance.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

what makes you think men invented the gun

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

This isn't a mod in and of itself, it's a modder named Temnix. I just came across this on Gibberlings 3, a modding site for the Baldur's Gate/IWD games. He has some Opinions apparently on what makes someone a modder. And... other things, my eyes really slide off this many words.
I like that they're waxing poetic about the piracy protection in Gold Box games.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn is an objectively better game than Command & Conquer Remastered because it asks players to insert the CD, establishing a vital hook to the outside dimension, while C&CR is wholly self-contained, an abomination of modernity.

Also, I just want to mention for laughs that he dunks on Darklands for "missing hooks to an outside dimension" despite the fact that Darklands (just like early Gold Box games) came with a printed book you have to reference if you want to know what the gently caress is going on; a printed reference card for copy-protection, and goes even further by not having any in-game quest log of any kind so you have to manually write down tavern rumours and poo poo like that if you want to do anything at all related to the actual main plot of the game. You won't even know there's a plot unless you read the manual.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

women dragons

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Look, sure the NPCs all yell out that Skyrim belongs to the Nords; or that they'll skin the Khajiit; or that Orcs are filth; or that the elves should go home, but it's about national identity not racism.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

what other kind of sonic games are there to like?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

still within acceptable boundaries

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7Azs3S2erk

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Awesome

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

lol they also added the smirk

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you'll never tempt me into making a nexus account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Why not?
i am very lazy