Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
My favorite Flowerchild Story is that he deliberately made his mod as incompatible as possible so that no one could play his masterpiece of wolf murder in any way he didn't intend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Well, aside from the unnatural chaimail underboob, that actually looks like a decent human, if a little grumpy. I think that she wouldn't look out of place in, say, dragon age. Although the hair really, really is overdone for the setting.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

You missed SUPER MECHA FIGHTING FORCE ROBOT ROB there.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
You know, I hadn't thought Terraria was that moddable, but I was wrong. There's like three mods that add hundreds of items and several bosses each, a few that add entire new biomes, among others. There's even one that adds classes to the game, and not just the standard melee/range/magic/summon types. Some of the later classes get bonuses from being in certain (normally hostile) biomes, or are based around flying at all times, or even ones who have damage from non-standard sources, like your fishing power, explosive teleports or a thing akin to Megaman's leaf shield.

Sadly its pick one from the start of a character and stick with it, while Terraria's whole system is designed around being able to shift from one playstyle to another just by switching your equipment.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

My favourite one is this;

There's a big difference between "underslung grenade launcher" and "underslung grenade".

Pistol grip, rifle but, revolver cylinder, second revolver cylinder? Shotgun Barrel? Energy Weapon balls instead of a pump action?

Does this person even know what a gun is?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Guy Mann posted:

Making fun of bronies was barely even still relevant when he originally put them in Skyrim years and years ago.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Making fun of bronies is always relevant. There's just not as many natural opportunities to do so anymore.

I decided to look at the pictures section to see what it puts in, nice stuff. Then I looked at the user submitted pictures. Big mistake. Bronies seem to use this unironically to make sexy pony waifus. Why god?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Terraria modding can be fun. I've been playing through using a few convenience mods, as well as four big ones:
Fargo's mutant mod, which adds characters who sell boss summoning gear, as well as recipes to create some God items by collecting a lot of stuff throughout your play time.
Experience and Classes, which adds scaling bonuses that you choose and which can get really silly since its based on vanilla only.
Calamity mod, which sounds dumb but has a lot of content and a lot of really cool weapons, and some neat armors that take way too many resources to make. The bosses can be loving difficult and kinda unfair though.
Thorium, one of the other big content mods, which is much better balanced towards vanilla, and which adds two new player classes, mostly based around mutiplayer. I've been using armor from this.

With all of them together, and using the cheat sheet to help reduce the grind and add accessory slots so I have a chance I have gotten to the endgame. I still need a lot of stuff to make most of the Fargos god items, but I have completed the latest one, which when combined with some of the other items I have now has turned me into a bullet hell boss. Every throwing weapon I use will 20% of the time split into three, ever hit spawns a bunch of homing knives, every time I am hit there are a dozen giant scythes that split into smaller scythes that burst out of me, I have a damage aura, multiple projectiles randomly fly around the screen hurting stuff for me, a super bee that fires faster than a machine gun, and a holy sword I legitimately don't remember any of my items creating sometimes randomly pops out to kill poo poo. I have like 300% bonus damage on my weapons of choice, have like 50% more HP than the vanilla max, a bunch of mechanical super worms following me around, and I regain all my health in like a second if I'm attacking.

I am nearly Godhead and still some of the Calamity bosses are bullshit. Taking off nearly all my health in a single hit on the more difficult setting (required if you actually want some of their material drops), difficult to damage, and launching many, many projectiles that blend in with the filter they put over the background.

Still, I need to give them props for making a boss who's role seems to be entirely to die repeatedly so you don't have to go searching for the mods minerals in the game world like you used to. That reduces the grind a whole lot.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

greententacle posted:

What game is that for? What's an Orassan?

Rimworld. Super Special overpowered Mary Sue Furry Race. No, really, they are that bad, intentionally.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Mordja posted:

Act of War was fun, I especially liked the Consortium's gimmick of going from middle eastern terrorists with RPGs and technicals to full on Cobra when you tech up and reveal your cloaking railgun tanks and high-tech Russian aircraft. I'm one of the few people who didn't hate AoA either.

I think about that game sometimes too, mostly about how the American Army has the best of everything in a setting with wacky poo poo. Like, the one faction has said MGS optical camo railgun tank drones, and the other has exosuits the size of a car that can cross the battlefield in seconds armed with a chaingun and missile launcher, who heal from anywhere on the map with microwaves powering like nanotech, and the single most powerful unit on the field is... an Abrams tank.

I mean, its a game who's story says that a war for oil in the middle east is totally a good thing, but still, there is a point where cheerleading gets into parody territory.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

I kinda like the animu maidbot mod, like it's horrifying but I feel like the author is maybe going for horrifying? Like the whole thing has this weird wynona's big brown beaver music video look to it and it's pretty well executed.

I actually tried to use that one because of this. Take No lower face and pitch black eyes to make that terrifying FNAF style killer animatronic look. Bolt it onto a combination of vanilla and MAID bits for something that breaks morale even before it tears people apart.

Kurui Reiten posted:

I'm actually kinda sad that stuff is all super sexualized because I love the idea of like dumb anthropomorphized robot stuff like that. There's a pretty wide area between "robot made of toasters in vaguely human shape" and "super sexy maid lady robot" and I feel like it's not explored enough.

There are some mods that just add fun bits to bots. Goofy wheels for legs, goofy bits like wheelchair and shopping cart legs, Metal Slug tanks , another that mashes up existing design styles and also includes an even more terrifying fem-bot.

There was one more I didn't want to like that had some neat heads and stuff like deathclaw gauntlets for bots, but also includes either robot taint or robot cock n' balls on everything, why?

Mostly though its all in service of turning the random shitbots out there into actual random shitbots and not a cookie cutter template every time

I may have gone on a journey about this stuff a while ago, yes.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Diabetes Forecast posted:

The maid bot mod is honestly best for it's head and not much else. I don't particularly care for the part set because it's way too limited. You're better off getting the Assaultron Combatron parts set because it has just as many goofy and weird robot parts, along with shoulder weapon options for a specific torso.

E: And for that matter get the mechwarrior parts too.

Haven't used Combatron because it is the aforementioned robo-titty/robo-dick mod.

Mechwarrior parts looks nice though. Always happy to add more variety to my robo caravans crisscrossing the comonwealth.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Preechr posted:

Hmm, yes, let me blast all over the internet how I am making Star Wars content for another game. Surely the House of Mouse, which has had zero chill, ever, will not slap their dick down on me this time like they have for every single one of these projects that they have ever taken notice of.

The house of Mouse that has tried to copyright Thor. Not the Marvel Version, but Thor the God, that some people still actively worship.

Yeah, this is going down in flames.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

lmao at "the Point Down emote is now parryable"

Better yet

"the Well What Is It emote is now ripostable"

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

OwlFancier posted:

I quite like that mod that adds a bunch of really chunky anime parts for robots, because they still look robotic, so you can make stuff that is to anime as the music video for wynona's big brown beaver is to humans.

I think it's this one?

I don't kno if it's supposed to be horny but I think in practice it's more just creepy, but like, in a good way? Like it is actually kind of terrifying being chased down by a giant robot anime maid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5QEXTo-HA

Given that Eyes and lower face parts are optional to add to your anime bot, and all the hands are the usual FO4 assortment of claws and drills and saws and flamethrowers? Yeah, it can allow you to make some creepy as poo poo bots.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Ace Combat 7 has an interesting modding community. There's a lot of skins, as you might imagine, only a minority are waifu skins even.

But there's also work on weapons, like slapping an additional 12 lasers onto your fighter, or the one where you now shoot lasers out your wings

Also model swaps, like this guy's continuing quest to let you fly the dumbest poo poo

In comparison the guy who gave most of the roster gaudy gold jets deciding to paint multiple gigantic structures gaudy colors is almost tame in comparison.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
In a 'how did that even happen?' moment, Terraria's Boss Checklist mod, which gives you a rough recommended order to what order to fight bosses and events (including the many added by other mods) in, as well as displaying a list of their drops, somehow managed to gently caress up pretty bad. Over the last few days they've been trying really hard to squash a lot of bugs that are, among other things, preventing people from joining multiplayer, preventing bosses from different mods from spawning entirely, and freezing players up when a miniboss is encountered.

On the other hand I recently became aware of a mod called Stars Above, which bills itself as a waifu mod, but adds a lot of stuff that looks neat, like progression based buffs, multiple (customizable) super moves, and a variety of weapons from other series and properties translated into Terraria mechanics, and bosses with unique mechanics. The Waifu aspect also seems to mostly be limited to running color commentary on biomes and bosses, for the most part. Seems kinda dumb but also fun enough that I'll likely try in the future.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
You know what is a weird feeling? Realizing your Dragon Ball Z flight is an extremely fitting power to use to fight Touhou bosses in Terraria. I am waiting on another mod to be updated to the new version so I can start using musical instruments in that setup too, but that is probably a ways off yet.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Veotax posted:

InfernoPlus, the guy who made the Cursed Halo mod, the Dark Souls Halo mod, and a bunch of other stuff, has been at it with the new(ish) Halo 3 mod tools:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgoyJnQMVI

Not as crazy as some of the stuff he's put out before, but still impressive!

On a spectacle level, not really that amazing. In a technical level, as a mod dev? Apparently pretty absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Looked at some Diablo 2 mods, found one really meant for this thread: Battle for the Elements, it has it all, random tiddy for the title screen and UI, visually jarring and clashing new areas, random giant Yoda. For a mod that seems like it does actually do a lot of neat things there is just so much stupid poo poo.