Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

armchairyoda posted:

But... the gates? They're all in ruins!

:psyboom:

Taking Arthmoor's assertion that the gates don't go away as a given:

Seriously, though, aren't the gates made of the same stuff as daedric weapons? This makes them a valuable resource. If anything, the gates would have been destroyed in short order.

In any case: And there should be farms with daedric stone walls. I imagine the Nords would have the same solution as New England farmers and smash the drat things to get them out of the way and make low boundary walls out of them. Two hundred years later, you'd have fully-developed forests where farms had been abandoned and you could conceivably stumble across a lucrative, if heavy, daedric stone wall that you could haul off and use to make arms and armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

This ranks extremely low on the scale of awful mods, but I will never understand people who insist on making their games look like poo poo with ENB/Reshade presets.

Did you ever think to yourself, "Mass Effect is a cool game but man, I wish I could make it look more like someone's filming a TV screen on a low-quality cellphone camera"? Well, good news because now you can!

Did someone get nostalgic for the eye-searing cyan-magenta-yellow palette of really early computer games? That's really the only way I can think of that you would think that this isn't painful to look at.

Also, you know it's a good graphical mod when you can only see the decolletage and face!

Fake edit:
This guy didn't play as FemShep, so his opinions about Mass Effect are objectively wrong.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

There was a loving derail about the best way to make games look like they did on CRTs in the obsolete tech thread; this led to a slap fight over whether game developers of the eighties and nineties used high quality broadcast monitors or consumer TVs, with no one considering that there was no standard.

Obviously, they should just be doing everything in monochrome with Hercules amber. And then they can have a holy war with the people who think the one true terminal color was the Apple IIe green!

Seriously, though, there were no standards. Even if you agreed to use standard tech, they weren't calibrated and then left alone. Did these guys forget that many of those CRTs had analog knobs to control various aspects of the electron gun that you aimed at your face?

Edit: Ignore me, I shouldn't try to extend a derail into an even less relevant thread.