Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
Does anyone know of/wanna write a decent summary of the whole paid Skyrim mods debacle? Seems like a new thread should mention that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
Why Rimworld modders, why?

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Mordja posted:

Hey, you know of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare? It's basically Mount and Blade with a modern setting. The devs recently released an official mod for their own game and, uh.

It must have been not the reaction they were going for cuz your link just leads to this for me:

What was it?

Edit: nevermind it worked after I made the post, I assumed they'd deleted it.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

The Lone Badger posted:

Plus people usually play DPS classes because they don't want to have to think, so you certainly can't put them in charge.

Eh, I always saw it more as the DPS classes are actually fun to solo with whereas the tanks and healers are usually a slog to solo with. And most MMOs are terribly designed so you spend 80% of your time soloing or in tiny groups doing soloable content until you hit max level then there's no or almost no solo content left at all and you're forced into raids to have any further progression.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Drakenel posted:

I admit I don't have a full grasp on the nexus thing, but question. They can still update the mod, yes? Can they not just... update a dummy file over the actual mod if they don't want it there anymore? Update the info to reflect that? Or am I missing something about how it all works?

I assume the Nexus will keep the old versions. Mod lists would be pretty useless if every time an update happened it had a chance to break compatibility with the list.