Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

2Fast2Quick

https://youtu.be/WjE64YTqabI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It really should be Dongers, Baps, Balls, and Flaps.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://youtu.be/tKtFaIPfxrw

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You know how in Super Mario 64, the segments of Mario's limbs don't quite connect? You can see the seams between the different parts of his model.

image source

Kaze Emanuar, creator of many impressive SM64 romhacks, decided to see if he could fix this issue. When the game animates mario, it renders each segment of his model facing in the default direction, then reorients the segment so it is aligned correctly with the model as a whole, then moves onto the next segment. Kaze devised a way to keep the vertices of the previous segment in memory when rendering the next segment, which makes it possible to, for example, align the "left shoe" segment based on the location of the "bottom of left leg" segment. The result is that mario looks much more contiguous, rather than like a bunch of pieces stitched together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw6rzcA_qQg

Now at this point you might be thinking "well, big deal. Of course you can make Mario look better with modern technology." Then Kaze reveals something relly shocking: this technology doesn't cost any computing power. It doesn't require any more computations than the old method, meaning they could have done this from the start. What's more, this modification actually uses fewer polygons than the original. How many fewer? 124. For reference, the original Mario model uses 752 polygons, and that's a huge investment by SM64 standards. The whole castle model uses only a little bit more than that. 124 polygons is enough to add a whole area to a level, or to make the existing areas noticably less barren.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah, nobody's coming at it from the angle of "how did they not think of this???" It's more like "wow, amazing that this could work in N64 hardware and it would actually make the game run better."

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Okay, the MOD isn't the thing here, but...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18308

Do something for me. Look at this mod description. Scroll down to "If you would like to thank me for this mod, please read below. Otherwise, you can skip the text, which is not related to the mod itself. (See spoiler)". Click the spoiler.

“Thanks for downloading my mod” said Locaster, floating serenely in the Lotus Position.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I went to the posts section of that mod to see if it is full of shitheads or people calling out the mod for being bad. It’s the former, but holy poo poo most of these posts are completely incomprehensible. With some of them I can tell they’re trying to be bigoted but they’re so incoherent that I literally cannot parse what they are trying to say.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Paid mods are never going to happen. It's a completely futile idea borne of game companies' desire to have their cake and eat it too. They want people to constantly produce extra content for their game for free, but they also want people to pay them money for it. You're right that they ought to pay modders if they're going to make money off of it, but at that point it's not modding so much as contracting people to make DLC.

EDIT: And by "happen" I mean be implemented successfully.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Oh, yeah!

Oh, YEAH!

oh no

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 12, 2023

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah I was about to say that I was wondering what the big deal was until I remembered what Centaurs are in the Fallout universe.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Leal posted:

Getting the urge to play some skyrim VR again

Are you sure this isn’t Oblivion VR?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Danaru posted:

I wonder how fast that FrEe SpEeCh rule would be forgotten if I made a mod where time travelling communist cat eared femboys mowed down scores of nazis and erased fascism from history.

Yes it would be yet another mod comprised entirely out of the author's fetishes, but it would also serve a purpose this time :colbert:

https://youtu.be/FQRW0RM4V0k

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You should rectify this error immediately, also Baba is You.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

there's actually a physical in-game swastika button

:siren:New thread title discovered.:siren:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The main thing I took away from that mod is that having the swastikas be toggled by a button hidden in-game is an extremely stupid and funny solution to the problem.

The serious conversation about the implications of making and publicly releasing a mod with that content is WAY above my paygrade.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 27, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

FutonForensic posted:

- The ultimate cum mod is here.

- All females have a random womb volume assigned to them

- If you don't like cum inflation, don't worry.

- Inflation requires multiple vaginal ejaculations in a short time span.

So many thread titles, so little time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Orv posted:

It remains the first hellish tablet of unwholesome gospel in the OP.

And now we’ve come to the end of our tour, and the biggest mystery surrounding this little planet. Archaeologists have determined that the native species of this planet never achieved interstellar travel before they went extinct. Yet here, somehow, is a perfectly accurate map of the AXTQRV-297 planetary system. Linguists are working around the clock to decipher the alien text and determine how this came to be, but until then, this remains one of history’s greatest mysteries.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Aw yeah! I’ve been waiting for that. The only test chamber I’ve seen is one where rhere are two buttons and one cube and the solution is to get the cube onto one of the buttons, go to the future, take the future cube off the button, take it back to the past, and put it on the other button. I can’t wait.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nexus Mods is a corporation?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Saw a Reddit thread and thought of you guys!

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qxigjp/dovahkiins_infamy_the_worst_fucking_mod_in/

It's... a bit long to give you all of, so here's a taste:

Oh, this is tasty. I think there's room on this page for a few more highlights.

quote:

If you stick it out with Aela, Hircine spawns endless enemies on you. And I do mean endless. Everywhere you go with no respite. The endless scripted fighting doesn't end until you complete Hircine's tasks. One of which is to assassinate the Emperor. Yes, you have to complete the entire Dark Brotherhood questline while endless enemies try to kill you every step of the way. Even inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary! The real kicker is that you have to do all of these tasks as a werewolf in beast form. If you happen to lose your lycanthropy, either by curing it or becoming a vampire, or do not kill the Emperor while in beast form then you're hosed. No, not loverslab hosed, but you might as well start a new game kind of hosed. The quest will never end.

Say you do finally beat this quest. What is your reward? Absolutely nothing.

quote:

If the assassin survives, you can persuade her to become a lover. She will then immediately follow you until you find an area you will designate as her "home". Contrary to what you might expect, you do NOT want this to be in your actual home. She will get stuck in an endless loop forcegreeting you whenever you get close. Each time she does so, she will add a piece of stormcloak armor that she "made" into your inventory. Before I was able to escape Breezehome, I had enough armor to make 7 full sets of Stormcloak Officer gear.

quote:

The mod even tries to play out cutscenes as Mephala goes on and on about the mod author's epic fanfic backstory. The problem is that there's too many loving guards in the room, and the npc's related to the cutscene get stuck trying to path around them. There's also two full-length cinematic and unskippable sex scenes in this monologue so prepare to be here for at least 10 minutes. (...) Reinforcements show up to "help" you, but only make things worse. All of the guards look the same, friend or foe. If you accidentally hit one of your "friends" in that homogenous moshpit, you get a bounty and everyone kills you. (...) You can side with Nelkir and permanently kill Balgruuf, but the base game is completely unprepared to handle this, and future quests in Whiterun will irreparably break, if not cause immediate CTD's.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: There's also two full-length cinematic and unskippable sex scenes in this monologue

Ariong fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 26, 2021

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wrr posted:

Read that original as Duke Smooch'em, was hoping there would be kissing involved.

Why is it called Duke Smoochem, with a lipstick kiss in the logo?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWrXdQ_IiJw

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

gyrobot posted:

Its so 1990-2000's GW it hurts, ofc someone will make a "beautification" for the female characters since AAA devs don't do it anymore and obviously it's up to the modders to reintroduce cleavage

Also Slaanesh nsfw mods don't really work since part of the new schtick is they make the daemons non binary rather than some coomer fetish.

Yeah, that should stop people.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Leal posted:

The wild thing I learned in Morrowind after modding it to vastly increase the draw distance was that stuff was actually really close together, its just your character moves so drat slow.

I've tried Morrowind a couple of times and never got more than a few minutes out of the tutorial, entirely because of how unbearably slow the movement is.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Agents are GO! posted:

Amen.

Edit: dumb snipe, here's a picture of my cats:

Those are the three most beautiful cats I've ever seen.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm really enjoying my Great Club build but I'm not really sure how to effectively use the weapon skill. The explosion does good damage but it doesn't really seem to hit any harder than a regular attack. The projectiles that come out seem to just go in a random direction? They don't seem to hone in on enemies, I've definitely used the attack hoping the projectiles would hit enemies in front of me only for them to go completely in the opposite direction. Like, they went in the opposite direction to where my character was pointing, the opposite direction to where the camera was pointing, the opposite direction of all the enemies, and directly into a wall.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Whoops I posted in the wrong thread.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The main point of all those big colossal-weapon ground-slam attacks (there's like 3 or 4 different flavors of the same thing) is that they do a ton of stagger and have a ton of poise, so you can use them to trade hits with smaller enemies before knocking them on their rear end or maybe even stagger big guys for a riposte after a few hits, just like jumping attacks.

Most projectiles only aim at stuff you're locked onto. Camera facing has absolutely no effect, but they normally just go based on your character's facing if you're not locked on.
The golden land ones should work the same way. But those piddly little projectiles are mostly for flavor or to give people something extra to dodge in pvp, don't expect a lotta damage out of them.

Thanks!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Discendo Vox posted:

Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Unreal Anatomy

Unreal anatomy
AI chicks and Dragon Ball Z
That's the kinda poo poo you get in Elder Scrolls Vee

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

DicktheCat posted:

Do they think Black folks just didn't exist back then?

I'm assuming he's an authority figure, given his dictator appearance, so maybe it's just that?

This mod is for no modern politics in Fallout, and Fallout is video game, and Black man in video game is modern politics.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

This mod aims to fix the lore of Fallout by making it more like the 1950s. The way it is in the vanilla game doesn’t make any sense… Well, unless you assume there was some sort of massive (one might even go so far as to say apocalyptic) event that caused a complete upheaval of society and reset of all culture. Preposterous!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I played Fallout 4 for a little bit and enjoyed it okay, but then I decided it would be fun to take a cool-looking rifle I found that was made of pipes and scrap metal and upgrade it as much as I could. I tried that, then at one point in the upgrade process it just morphed into a totally generic factory-made hunting rifle. Bummed me out so bad I never picked the game up again.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Boris off the shits again in the mod splash screen

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tombot posted:

What I'd like to know is why this is a dragon shout and not a spell, is it supposed to fit into the lore that the ancient Dragons liked painting their toenails?

If I had to guess I’d say it’s so that the player can do it as much as they want without putting experience points into a school of magic they don’t use on that character.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Magmarashi posted:

The Hist is just a modder, putting tits on a lizard

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

do it on my face posted:

I can't, there's no reception on this rat.

Make sure the antenna has line of sight to the sky.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SplitSoul posted:

- Animation filtering by genital type, not character gender

We regret to inform you that the Balder’s Gate 3 sex mod has… gone woke.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LvK posted:

Yonic Frontiers?

Kestral posted:

Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: Yonic Frontiers

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I never, NEVER get motion sick from playing video games. Watching this makes me dizzy. Five stars