Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

For thread related content, here is a mod that is awesome (I promise). It adds actual properly working and animated diagonal player movement to Fallout New Vegas, something that hasn't been included in a single gamebryo engine game in over a decade.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/64333

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1OiJ1Htyjs

I don't know how to feel about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
My ideal women are indignant to something slightly to the right, possibly myself but definitely one of the outfits I want them to wear

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I played HL2. Couldn't bring myself to pay attention during the cutscenes, which was made worse by the fact that I could move around like an rear end in a top hat

Apparently the g man shows up periodically through the game but I never did see him. Felt like there was a lot of lore I wasn't aware of

Counter strike good though

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I loved battlefield bad company back in the day. When everyone was taking themselves hella seriously Bad Company was a story about idiots doing the dumbest things possible

Bad company 2 had great loving multiplayer but began taking itself seriously and so I was disappointed with the plot

Skipped all others

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
To be fair it's been a while since I played BC2 but you gotta admit BC1 was much more outwardly ridiculous

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I just found places to jump around and stuff to throw around

Jump around the characters like an rear end in a top hat for no reason

Walk into the door they are about to open perpetually so I leave as soon as possible

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

This is orders of magnitude more fuckable than most of the nexusmods barbies

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Trick question.

It may not be a silly mod in itself (it is, just not much) but we are now in flying spaghetti monster territory, and that's gonna be groan inducing.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress is this and why is it so wonderfully bad

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

SUE EVERYONE

FOR EVERYTHING

FOREVER

INDICTMENTS MOTHERFUCKER

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Final Fantasy 6 immediately comes to mind. I remember watching a video where they showed a scene from the game (introduction of Gau, specifically) with a fan voiceover reading the lines. Suddenly the writing seemed EXTREMELY cringey, whereas its only somewhat cringey if you're just reading it.

I also wonder how the actors are paid. Is it based on number of lines? I'm wondering why Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson have such small roles in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Or why Snake in MGS5 barely says anything at all, compared to Ground Zeroes. I also can't help but feel that Fallout 4 suffers heavily from having a voiced protagonist.

I understand it varies from actor to actor. Some of them apparently charge by the word

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That's his point. We can program robots to learn but not to imagine. They can only copy what they see. They can't create worse mods because they'll only attempt to recreate the mods that already exist.

I agree with your point, but not the conclusion. Say I make a mod that adds washing machines to Fallout. Great. Someone else makes a nude mod. Not my thing but whatever. Now suppose they become popular.

A computer sees both, identifies the core components and their popularity and bam, washing machine titty mod

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And you really think that's the worst mod ever made? A computer cannot beat humanity at being awful simply by rote combination. True horror is original and inspired.

I’d say a lot of horror modding comes from modders making things that aren’t quote what they should be. Deadeyed barbie dolls, for instance. I’m addressing this as an infinite typewriters type scenario, but with different possible combination of mod subjects and execution

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Auditive implication communication

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Spongebob does does not have a license and either way should have the car his parents give him in the extra credits episode 0/10

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I’m genuinely disappointed there isn’t a krokodil healing item giving you corpus disease

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Is there a tale of two wastelands specific thread? I’m thinking about getting started with it and wanna know what cool mods are out there for it

(I know there’s the TTW forum but you know)

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Solar Tornado posted:

Bonoir.

Dick, P.Nile

ftfy

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes the virus comes from fossils or flowers or some poo poo

Look I dunno

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
If I were in the board of investors in Umbrella and they showed me a licker I would be so loving pissed

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
*trying not to shake from rage* anyways, please show me how this new line “project tyrant” is doing. I understand you have some prototypes to demo today

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
How does STRENGHT differ from BODYBUILDING?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Send link + Dix pix TIA

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I could swear that the first time I died in FO2 was when I discovered I could initiate combat at any time and while I was experimenting with shooting some dude a child molotov’d me to death complete with the bloody mess death animation. Also Little Lamplight’s loving bullshit so I guess I understand

It’s also bullshit that Myron counts as a child though I guess he is underage

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

FrancisFukyomama posted:

Didn't Myron technically count as a kid bc he was like 16 so if you killed him for being a piece of poo poo suddenly you'd have the childkiller perk and NCR rangers after you

You only get the child killer perk if you kill two children, so you get a freebie with Myron

Also, your companions can kill him off for you and you won’t get the rep in case you’d killed another kid already

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Of all the bullshit in fallout that every fridge looks like poo poo will never not be the one thing that bothers me

Mr house doesn’t even eat food how the gently caress did they let it get to that state what happened

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
If we’re gonna be reliving the past someone needs to post the fallout new Vegas sex mod video

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

TGLT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAx_2Fo1qyQ

This one? "Take a smell brother" has stuck with me. Haunted me, even.

Haunted? We’ve been blessed.

I could have sworn it ended with a ballistic fist kill though. Must be misremembering

Furia fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Aug 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

That’s really sweet