Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
SPESS

MEHRENS

ADVUNTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Max Wilco posted:

I think Fire Warrior and Chaos Gate are among the few games that nailed the sound and impact of bolters. Most other games sort of just alter them to be more like machine guns.

It's just a shame Fire Warrior wasn't better.

Everybody I've met that played Fire Warrior said that it wasn't bad but it wasn't really all that good either. It just kind of exists. The concept was neat and I never got to play it but hearing that it's like...should I?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

lurksion posted:

I'm confused as to how people decided that Stellaris of all things is an optimal game to be modding sexual kinks in.

People mod sex into basically everything. People fantasize sex into basically everything. It's just something that people do.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kibayasu posted:

I'm fantasizing sex into this post right now.

Well somebody had to do it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

John Murdoch posted:

There's a settlement that needs your help.

*punt*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MariusLecter posted:

Always thought that kind of thing was intentional, impressive old world engineering or whatever. Like how a goon found a weird 1950's television and worked first time plugging it in.

When it comes to retrofuturistic stuff one thing about stuff from that era was that you wanted something that was going to last. Generally speaking if something like your TV broke you didn't go buy a new one. You went to the TV repair shop, bought a replacement part, or if it was particularly bad paid a handyman who knew TVs to do it. It was common for a teenager to buy a broken down car, fix it up, and then drive that as their first vehicle once they got their license. poo poo was built to last.

Part of it was necessity; a new refrigerator was a major purchase for basically everybody so people didn't expect to ever buy a new one in their lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It made some sense in Fallout 3 for things to mostly be ruins. I forget where it's explained but the DC ruins had only recently become not irradiated enough so it was mostly random assortments of people living in whatever was still standing. Even so it's pretty stupid that you had people not even bothering to so much as nail a board over a broken window or pick up a loving broom or something. Fallout 4 suffered even more from that given that the Commonwealth was supposedly still habitable basically the entire time. Parts of it were abandoned and falling apart but you'd think that people that had enough gumption to get a farm set up would also have enough gumption to build themselves better sleeping conditions than a sleeping bag in what used to be a building. If the roof is gone then maybe at least hang a tarp up or something? I dunno.