Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is Skyrim's one major flaw.

That sounds like a joke but seriously Skyrim with Dragon's Dogma's combat would be the best RPG ever made.

I'm curious to know what makes you think that. My experience with Dragon's Dogma did not leave me with a positive impression of its combat in even the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, that looks really cool but looking really cool doesn't make a combat system good. I'm asking about what makes it enjoyable.

e: To clarify, I'm just asking what makes other people find the combat fun. I'm not looking for anyone to convince me that it's fun. I've played the game and I know that's not happening. But I've heard enough praise of the game that I am interested in knowing what other people see in it.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 7, 2016

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Thank you, I'll check your videos out.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've become nearly immune to weird Bethesda sex mods but Stardew Valley ones can still throw me for a loop.

All by one person

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Stellaris recently released DLC focused on playing as interstellar machine empires. One of the machine people you can choose to look like is a floating squid orb. Its my favorite of the new robots and a modder improved upon it.

Species portraits are animated in Stellaris, which requires a lot of work. As a result most portrait mods are just static image but this uses the original animations. The fish moves around fine with the animations even though it is just still images of fish. I wish the creator had included a gif because it looks really neat in motion.

e: Someone else had a similar idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfzIsVXku3c

The fish in this one doesn't look as good but that brain is pretty dope.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 3, 2017

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKRP83daORI

Based on Kirby gameplay. You can do Kirby jumps, suck in enemies towards you, and use their weapons after doing so. Can only hold one weapon at a time.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I'm not seeing a video linked at the end, just the normal "here's other stuff you might like" section. Would you mind linking it?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Memento posted:

Other way 'round. There was a bug in TFTD where it would automatically revert to the easiest difficulty level after the first combat.

No. The original game had a bug where all difficulty levels defaulted to the easiest level. This resulted in people complaining that hardest difficulty was a cakewalk, which meant the hardest (never actually played) difficulty for the first game became the easy difficulty for TFTD.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Backhand posted:

A whole bunch of evidenceless assumptions stated as fact

Every single thing you've said here is as far from the truth as possible.

You could not find enough evidence of corruption across the entire history of games journalism to match up to an average week of gaming YouTubers. Turns out its a lot easier to bribe fanboys than professionals!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

If only a group of researchers at a prestigious university had done a study into this. Then we could have conclusive answers instead of talking about what things seem like they might be.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sorry for returning to this topic two days later but some weird poo poo happened regarding this subject. I'm not passing up the chance to tell it when it's relevant.

lurksion posted:

I'm confused as to how people decided that Stellaris of all things is an optimal game to be modding sexual kinks in.
Unfortunately I figured it out right after the launch of Man The Guns. A friend blurted out one night on Twitter that he gets horny from map games. Not as in he mods them to be kinky, but he is aroused when he encircles divisions in Hearts of Iron. I asked "What the hell" because what the hell. His response was along the lines of "it's the ultimate dom move". The next afternoon he deleted the tweets and tried to pull the "love telling jokes" and "haha, had a fun night drinking" routines. We were hanging out one time and I brought it up. The closest thing I could compare his reaction to would be a teen trying to convince their parents that they bought a bong thinking it was a vase. Dude tried to pretend he didn't know what a dom was but no one was buying it.

Stellaris is really easy to mod and already has a very customizable system to begin with. Modding being easy is why Skyrim and Fallout have so many sex mods. Perverts can make entire civilizations that adhere to their specific kinks and it is not difficult to learn how to do so. That's how we end up with species traits about cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ruflux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVx7mSsQoW4

I think this may be the most insane and ridiculous Half-Life 2 mod I've ever seen. Oh yeah and it only has the best name for a Source mod ever too.

Hmmm....