Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

KataraniSword posted:

That was faster than I expected, honestly. I don't know why, but it was.

He seriously had it up on the Special Edition's internal mod thing on Friday. He was door kickin' with that thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Playing Skyrim as a skeleton is great

I wish the person making it had fixed the legs clipping out of your boots though

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shugojin posted:

It seems like it was made solely because it was possible to do it and released because it was funny

The best reasons to do anything tbh

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dragonwagon posted:

Every texture in Dark Souls 3 replaced with a crab. (seizure warning)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a90MEIBI2iA

This is art

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
To get even further down that rabbit hole I think it was only males who couldn't be Bi, for reasons?? Oh and also women were never EVER straight

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
There's also that moment every programmer will have were something works, and it maybe shouldn't and YOU DON'T KNOW WHY IT DOES.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Blaze it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/832292388332773377

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's not hard to make a gun that just infinitely spawns more guns until the game crashes. I think it's far more creative and interesting to make poo poo like that gun that fires shotgun shells in a shotgun blast, which is actually viable as a weapon.

Sure, if they weren't trying to make the dumbest chain reaction they could

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Not again

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Max Wilco posted:

I'm more curious as to what 'Immersive Laundry' is about.

I think this was goon made? Its a nice mod either way. More mods should just be cute stuff like that that's pure flavor.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Port 2A please

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kokoro Wish posted:

I think that game failed at some point. Internal drama about the lead being lovely, stretching out the project through laziness and farming money, which had an artist pull all artwork and walk out.

To be clear I meant Breeding Season.

Oh yeah I've been a huge fan of the lead artist since way back and got to watch this explode in realtime on Tumblr. Old game was Monster Rancher but with sex, he's been putting together another game with the assets he walked out with which seems like Fire Emblem? but with sex?
It seems like a weird thing to waste your talent on but I guess I can't argue with their patreon takings. They are making bank

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I didn't know Smorky's ex wrote about video games

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's also a boss fight in Psychonauts like this.

And that one boss fight from Turtles in Time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Screaming Idiot posted:

I will someday create Hdoom 2016. It will be glorious.

STRIP AND BARE

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Aside's from Huey being totally spineless and a sell out here is a list of his actual crimes, (though the first three I guess he was forced into?)

Built Peacwalker
Built Metal Gear Zeke
Built Sahelanthropus
GZ: Sold out MSF
PP: C&I aren't here yet :shh: Infected a large part of Diamond Dogs with a deadly virus, that you have to quarantine yourself, with bullets.
PP: Wanted to use tiny baby HAL as a test pilot for Sahelanthropus
PP: :siren:The huge big spoiler about Huey:siren: Murdered Strangelove, because she wouldn't let him use HAL as a test pilot
MGS2: Tried to murder\suicide Emma after he found out HAL was loving his wife, presumably to hurt both of them

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

And just to be clear, the mod that makes Orassans milkable is by the author of the original Orassans mod.

Well at the very least I can respect it being a seperate mod and not some weird fetish crammed into the main mod and everyone can deal with it because they'll be hosed if it's ever not going to be in there.

Although there's something especially.. creepy about milking fetishes. It's just dehumanizing enough or something like that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Angry Diplomat posted:

I get the impression the T-virus' entire development history was driven by a bunch of people sitting in a boardroom, scratching their heads, and saying, "there's got to be some way to monetize this loving thing, let's just keep pushing genes around and experimenting with new strains until we come up with something we can use" until they were killed by zombies and a mad scientist took over and became Zombie Lucifer with an army of mutant Terminators or whatever.

There was a lot of scratching, yeah as I recall. He got very itchy towards the end

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

turn off the TV posted:

Umbrella was a privately owned company that wanted to make super humans to rule the world and lead humanity into the next golden age. The super human stuff was getting pretty expensive so they decided to keep the company afloat by making biological weapons. They made some normal war crimes type poo poo but then realized that there was a niche market for crimes against humanity that were also war crimes. Their idea was to create a virus that would make its host a weapon while also spreading itself as much as possible in the process in order to completely exterminate life in specific areas. This turned out to be a bad idea, so their next plan was to make very obedient super soldiers pumped full of the first virus that would fill more traditional roles. Then someone became infected by the first virus by accident, and Resident Evil 1 happens.

So at least in Remake 2 the idea is that Zombies are phase 1 of your attack on a population centre, which is essentially a man made disaster designed to drain the target of resources and personnel. Phase 2 is controllable tyrant bioweapons to first take out high profile targets and other resistance (Mr.X with the RCPD, Nemesis with S.T.A.R.S) and then presumably they would turn their attention to mopping up zombies, which we never got to see really happen because Racoon City was a mistake that Umbrella decided to use as a trial. Some file in the Nest lays it out.

Of course then you have all the Umbrella Europe meddling and The US branch sending in their elite security just to see if they'd die or not. Possibly to see if they could be used for clean up or in an initial outbreak. Or maybe just for a laugh, it IS Umbrella.

Everything else I think are just accidents, like the Lickers and Orb Weavers and stuff. And then you have to factor in that Racoon City is weird and has miles and miles of subterranean laboratories that woukd have taken years to find and sort out. I always like that in some cases, months and months before Umbrella EU even hit Birkin there were small facilities under the city were every single person inside was dead or mutated into one thing or another. It's creepy just to think about them going dark one by one.

Uh..anyway in closing, Umbrella were very poorly run even when they weren't.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
*Does super suspect facist poo poo*

"Please no judge"

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Speaking of posing skeletons and teddy bears. From Fallout 4:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Ruflux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVx7mSsQoW4

I think this may be the most insane and ridiculous Half-Life 2 mod I've ever seen. Oh yeah and it only has the best name for a Source mod ever too.

Apparently this whole mod was made by a woman named Eyaura Eya over 12 years and I just kind of can't comprehend having that level of dedication to an idea. Something like Black Mesa is impressive as hell of course, but that at least had a whole team of volunteers. This is apparently (largely, at least) just one person, which is just crazy. I really hope this ends up on Steam soon because I'm sold based on visuals alone. It's pretty unique for Source, although there's certainly been games on Source with a similar aesthetic but probably none that are quite as ambitious.

This is channelling E.Y.E while I think also predating it so count me interested as gently caress