Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Blitz and Diesel wish they had anti-armor weaponry to help them guard a corridor on a space ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

He's got a weird thing for name checking brands. I guess it's supposed to be near future?

Ork of Fiction posted:

I have not been reading closely, are we supposed to know what capital S Staplers are?

You can use a Stapler to persist a spacefold to generate a wormhole.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

...and the pitch! posted:

He's got a weird thing for name checking brands. I guess it's supposed to be near future?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sorry to hammer the point but what is MASAI supposed to stand for, and can you give a run down on what secretary of state Colin "smuggle anthrax into the UN" Powell did in this author's universe to earn the honor of having a Spacenavy Battle Cruiser named after him?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sorry that should have been Colin "step on a punji stick in nam and sit the rest out" Powell

sorry

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

sorry to hammer the point but what is MASAI supposed to stand for, and can you give a run down on what secretary of state Colin "smuggle anthrax into the UN" Powell did in this author's universe to earn the honor of having a Spacenavy Battle Cruiser named after him?

I'm pretty sure I haven't skipped what MASAI stands for, but I'll look.

As for Secretary of State Colin Powell having a ship named after him, maybe his deeds have grown exaggerated with time and the future of 2190 views him as some kind of hero?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Chapter 2 ended on kind of a cliffhanger, I'm pretty excited to learn about the fate of the Galileo!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
But first: how is Von's date going?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Amber and GEARS have a real rapport here. The dialogue practically sizzles!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Applewhite posted:

I'm pretty sure I haven't skipped what MASAI stands for, but I'll look.

As for Secretary of State Colin Powell having a ship named after him, maybe his deeds have grown exaggerated with time and the future of 2190 views him as some kind of hero?

you might not have missed it but my eyes glazed over. i defer to an expert colemanologist

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Applewhite posted:

In 2018, Colin Powell jumped in front of a bimbo and saved Former President and First Man Bill Clinton from the deadly HIV virus.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I tried to parse this one down, but there's just so many little gems I couldn't decide what to cut.

quote:

non sexual, of course

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 31, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Bitches love it when you call them names like "toothsome" and "sugartits."

Every guy should have a wingman like GEARS.

When they make the movie, GEARS is going to be everyone's favorite character.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Only thirty berries? Oh hell no.

I see the FDA is still as restrictive as ever in this future.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How many pleasure berries does a person have to consume before they can no longer legally give consent?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A bangin' body and no glaring foot issues? Von's really struck gold here.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The lioness with the pretty feet had captured her prey.

Trunko I hope you're lurking this thread taking notes for The Planet Builders.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Applewhite posted:

A bangin' body and no glaring foot issues? Von's really struck gold here.

This corndog vendor really has it all.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

...and the pitch! posted:

This corndog vendor really has it all.

Minor foot issues I can tolerate, but glaring foot issues are a dealbreaker for me.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

:siren: :siren:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

If they blitz all the media in his house to tell him he has twelve hours to report, I'd hate to see what happens when they have an urgent mission.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

lol if you're getting your gently caress on and you can recite that bullshit

i guess that's spacenavy operator level training though

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I don't care how sexy her feet are, at two in the morning I'm going the gently caress to sleep.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

lol if you're getting your gently caress on and you can recite that bullshit

i guess that's spacenavy operator level training though

To be fair, leaving all the alarms and flashing lights going would probably kill the mood.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Von was able to seal the deal at 2am with someone who was groping his boner in restaurant. Slick.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

quote:

two human vessels on a collision course for pleasure

countless seamen killed in sexy disaster.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That's it for chapter three. Now we finally get to see the face of the Asian Meow aliens.

Chapter 4: Cat Fight

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

WHO WON THE BATTLE THO?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Accelevators continue to build up speed until they reach their destination.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I didn't cut out the part with the female bodyguard's callsign; it hasn't been revealed yet and won't be for this entire chapter as far as I can tell.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

More bickering about the as-yet-unrevealed callsign. I assume it's something insulting to the Asian Meow, but if it's not immediately apparent, I don't see why it's an issue they need to address right there.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Women :rolleyes:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Because that's what the Navy calls doctors, you see.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Chapter 5: Oops... the Ball

In which Cat Usama Bin Laden makes captyain O' Malley an offer he can't refuse.

Aw, gee, when you put it that way...

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I hope we get back to the foot inspection soon. I mean, we know that they're acceptable or otherwise up to code, but are they shipshape?? I'm barely hanging on to m y seet here!!

e:also, the cateman gets a gun and the hoomans have to fight with staplers?? this is unfair.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

is this the star citizen guy

getting a real croberts vibe off this book although the setting is too well realized and the characters behave a bit too believably for it to be the same person

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ork of Fiction posted:

I hope we get back to the foot inspection soon. I mean, we know that they're acceptable or otherwise up to code, but are they shipshape?? I'm barely hanging on to m y seet here!!

e:also, the cateman gets a gun and the hoomans have to fight with staplers?? this is unfair.

No wonder we lost the war.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

That's it for chapter 5. They never did get around to explaining about the ball.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Chaptyer 6: Reunion

E: In which we actually do find out what M.A.S.A.I. stands for!

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I'm sure the real Von is actually even cooler and more muscular, but he had to tone it down or people would think the story was unrealistic.

• Locked thread