Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Team: Denver Broncos
Record through 8 games: 6-2
Offensive grade: B-
Defensive grade: A
Special Teams grade: B
Coaching grade: A
Overall grade: B+
Most outstanding/surprising players(3):Trevor Siemien, Devontae Booker, Bradley Roby
Most disappointing players(3): Not sure, probably someone to blame on our O-line
Short summary: I think a lot of people wrote off the Broncos as being able to maintain their championship swagger, which isn't surprising considering historically the championship team has a much harder time repeating the following year. That is, unless you are the Broncos that pulled it off in '97 and '98 :smug: I'll be honest I wasn't expecting much this year with all the departures and supposedly having no QB. Glad to see that was all bullshit and the Broncos look poised to once again take part in the AFC Championship, probably against the Patriots... again...

Offensively I think most people are surprised that Siemien is getting it done, at least in a better way than Manning and Osweiler could. Devontae Booker is looking great, and the offense is moving the ball enough to let our defense, the actual good part of the team, shine. Defensively, I am surprised and elated that we not only look good, but maybe even better than last year. Our secondary statistically is better than this time last year, and the pass rush is pressuring like crazy. The Broncos currently allow the fewest yards per game in the NFL, and despite injuries and free agency losses, the next guys in line have stepped up big time.

We have a pretty easy schedule but a surprisingly brutal division this year. The Chiefs and Raiders are winning games and even the Chargers are only a few games back. This division was owned by the Broncos for many years, but this is the year that we may have to settle for a wild card. Either way I am loving pleased with how the season is going and look forward to some ridiculously close games because I will be damned if we put more than 30 points on a team the rest of the year. Also Von Miller still loving rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread