Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Team: The New York Jets Football Association of America
Record through 8 games: 3-5
Offensive grade: C-
Defensive grade: D-
Special Teams grade: D+
Coaching grade: F
Overall grade: D-
Most outstanding/surprising players(3): Quincy Enunwa, Bilal Powell, Cherone Peake
Most disappointing players(3): Darrelle Revis, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Pryor
Short summary:

Only reason offense grades as high as it does is because of some legit emerging talent at WR from low or even UD picks, and the run game flashes some ability. Enunwa made modest contributions last year, which for a 6th round rookie pick of Idzik is a goddamn miracle. He has stepped up this year despite the shitshow around him and shows #1 potential. Bilal Powell continues to impress more and more despite his lack of playing time. Of course this is offset by Ryan Fitzpatrick's absolutely hideous play, which isnt too surprising, but Brandon Marshall is having a very bad year, dropping balls left and right, and not constantly bailing out Fitz like he managed last year. These two havent simply regressed to the mean, theyve regressed to the other extreme. I knew last year was a fluke and we would see regression but this is a bit mich.

Defense blows rear end. Literall every single starter has regressed, save for Sheldon who of course were getting cute with playing him at LB and in coverage (though he makes the best he can of it) and probably the least notable of em all our journeyman nose tackle who I guess is playing well. Revis and Pryor have regressed HORRIBLY. Revis is literally playing like a bottom 5 CB. They are getting burned over and over again. Want to embarras the jets? Throw deep every drat time. Youll probably break some records.

Special Teams? Ive seen good, Ive seen bad. I dunno. The missed fgs, bad punts etc seem to stick out more to me than any of the good plays.

Coaching is abominable. Not knowing how to use players. Continuing to start poor players when better players have emerged. There is almost no adaptability - week in and week out the defense is getting burned, lost, confused and beaten in the most predictable ways. There were certainly a few minor (at least they seemed minor at the time) concerns about the coaching last year, and it turns out everything bad has reared its ugly head this year for the Jets. This is arguably a bottom 3 team this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread