Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Team: The New York Football Sweep DV Under The Ruggers
Record through 8 games: 4-3
Offensive grade: C
Defensive grade: B
Special Teams grade: B
Coaching grade: C-
Overall grade: B-
Most outstanding/surprising players(3): Sterling Shepard, Janoris Jenkins, Landon Collins
Most disappointing players(3): Eli Manning, The two Tackles
Short summary:

The Giants are mediocre, average, and that's exactly what was to be expected. What wasn't expected was that the offense would be the worse unit. The Offensive line is real bad and it's messing up everything. The run blocking is awful. The Pass blocking goes from acceptable to atrocious on any given play depending on whether Flowers actually manages to make contact with his assignment. As a consequence the Run game is poo poo and Eli is shook. Eli looks pretty bad so far. He's making very errant, rushed throws because he clerly doesn't trust his tackles (Would you trust Marshall Newhouse?). Our stellar WR core doesn't have enough time to get open before Eli dumps the ball to our terrible TE's or RBs. I hate Larry Donnell. He can't block for poo poo and when he catches the ball he always goes for extra yardage and has about a 60% of fumbling.

Of course, some of these problems might be fixed with better playcalling, but our gameplans are shiiiit and the offense only seems to click in hurry up situations when Eli has more control. We might very well still have the best WR corp in the NFL but you'd never know it because Big Mc can't loving use them creatively. McAdoo has been a thoroughly disappointing HC so far. He's just there. He's boring, he's dumb looking, he has no personality and now it's clear he's just towing the Mara line, our very own jason garrett.

The defense has been the good part. only reason I didn't rank them as an A is because until the Rams game they simply refused to generate turnovers or sacks. All our pickups are doing well, although Jenkins is probably the only one playing up to his contract, funnily enough. Vernon is okay, he gets pressure but doesn't bring anyone down. Snacks is fine. Eli Apple, our #10 overall pick, has been okay in what action he's seen. The real revelation has been Collins. Landon played out of position last year and sucked, but this year he's getting to be the thumper he is and he's probably one of the best safeties in the league right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread