Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Record through 8 games: 6-2 :siren:

Offensive grade: A - Derek Carr and his merry band of Crab/Coop are balling out of control.

Defensive grade: D+ They were on a pace to set the record for most yards given up in a season, but somehow someway are able to generate turnovers which prevents this from being an F. With all the rookies/FAs we're just hoping it's taking time to gel together. Perry Riley from Washington was a great pickup.

Special Teams grade: A-, aside from Janos kicking last Sunday (which ultimately didn't lose the game) Marquette King is having a great year including setting the record for longest rush on 4th down ever. Return game isn't too shabby either

Coaching grade: A+ (do penalties count under coaching? If so B). Del Rio has now won 3 or 4 games this year by going for it on 4th down. 5-0 on the road. Record for most penalties in a game? I want off this fuckin ride. (no I dont)

Overall grade: A- (A++++ in context of the last 15 years)

Most outstanding/surprising players(3): Derek Carr, Michael Crabtree, Amari Cooper, the Offensive line, Marquette King

Most disappointing players(3): Dan Williams (NT), Ben Heeny (MLB), Sean Smith (NT) Smith has been playing better but those first few weeks were rough.

Short summary: if the Raiders Defense can gel together (and Mario Edward Jr / Aldon Smith come back) I can see the Raiders definitely venturing into playoffs barring catastrophe. Probably a year or two away from making a serious SB run though.

Pretty much agree with all this and although you mention him, gonna give Perry Riley a bit more love. Also, I'd like to see Smith swapped out for Nelson. Almost every single big play smith has given up, Nelson was nowhere to be seen and that is his contain. Smith was playing a lot better last few games before his injury. I'd also give the defense a C-. Lots of yards given up but the forced turnovers and 3rd down conversion rate have led to three straight pretty good performances. Also, glad you pointed out Dan Williams, he's been real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I, too, am surprised Hill hasn't beaten any pregnant women this season yet.

• Locked thread