Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CaptainYesterday posted:

Most disappointing players(3): road Brock Osweiler, DeAndre Hopkins, Brian Cushing

:what:

The numbers aren't there but he's still catching anything that comes his way and is remotely catchable. It's not his fault Brock can't stop throwing it to whoever's covering him instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Team: The Houston Texans
Record through 8 games: 5-3
Offensive grade: The offense has been atrocious. Osweiler stinks, the blocking has been bad due to injuries and disappointing seasons. Jeff Allen is a major bust, meanwhile the guy he replaced makes just $1m more per season and is far superior to him. Center is a disaster after Nick Martin required surgery and went to IR. Lamar Miller does this thing where he feels a light breeze and falls down a lot of times, but you can see he's explosive when he actually gets a hole to run through. Osweiler stinks. The WRs can't seem to get open basically ever and when they do Osweiler throws it behind them or over their heads. Osweiler stinks. D-
Defensive grade: Surprisingly stout given JJ Watt being gone. One of the better pass defenses in the league. Terrible against the run though, teams just run all over them. B-
Special Teams grade: Awful. The return game is as usual terrible, and they had to burn a timeout against Detroit because they managed to line up for a kickoff with only 10 men on the field. They give up big returns all the time and Lechler seems to be letting age catch up to him. Despite this, it's still better than it's been in recent years. C-
Coaching grade: O'Brien can't make mid game adjustments. They keep doing the same things that haven't worked all game without deviating from the script. Romeo keeps having his CBs line up 10 yards off their man, even in goalline situations. Even when the ball is on the 3. D
Overall grade: The record is deceiving. They've beaten exactly one good team (KC), one who knows team (Detroit), and a bunch of schlubs. Granted, their road schedule has been brutal. Minnesota, New England and Denver. But they've been completely destroyed in all three of those games. The comeback against Indy gave a little bit of hope, but Osweiler was lackluster against the worst pass D in the league in Detroit. Osweiler stinks. D
Most outstanding/surprising players(3): Clowney has been brilliant. This is the guy we were supposed to see when he was drafted. He's finally healthy and he's a monster. CJ Fiedorowicz has surprisingly turned into a real tight end, running good routes, showing good hands, getting open and blocking well. I didn't like the Will Fuller pick, but he's shown that he was a smart call despite his sometimes infuriating lack of hands. He'll drop an easy over the shoulder touchdown, then catch a leaping bullet in traffic while getting drilled by two different defenders. It's mystifying
Most disappointing players(3): Osweiler stinks. Jeff Allen is looking like a big time FA bust. Kareem Jackson has taken a big step back this season, but injuries are part of that.
Short summary: Osweiler stinks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Summary of votes of everyone who wrote up something:

A : Patriots, Vikings
A- : Raiders
B+ : Chiefs, Falcons, Broncos
B : Washington, Seahawks
B- : Giants, Falcons, Packers
C+ : Bills, Eagles
C : Texans, Lions
C- : Buccaneers
D+ : Bears
D : Colts, Panthers, Chargers, Texans
D- : Ravens, Jets
F : 49ers, Bengals

SA posters are pretty rough graders

The opposite of pundit draft grades where C+ is like the worst thing they give out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

warcrimes posted:

I, too, am surprised Hill hasn't beaten any pregnant women this season yet.

Hill has kept Parm probated for more than half of the season to this point

• Locked thread