Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Team: Chiefs
Record through 8 weeks: 5-2
Offensive grade: B+
Defensive grade: B+
Special Teams grade: B+
Coaching grade: B+
Overall grade: B+
Most outstanding/surprising players(3):
Tyreek Hill - Many KC fans figured he'd be another quick little gadget player in a line of failed gadget players (Dexter McCluster, De'Anthony Thomas), but he's turned into a legitimate deep threat WR, and is already one of the best returners in the NFL.
Marcus Peters - Has actually improved on his DROTY rookie season. QBs have stopped throwing to him over the past few games.
Spencer Ware - Huge tank who can outrun DBs and run routes out of the backfield
Most disappointing players(3):
Demetrius Harris - dropped passes, bad blocks, just overall makes too many mistakes.
Albert Wilson - KC's #3 WR last year has now been leapfrogged by Tyreek Hill and even DAT. I don't think he plays special teams either?
Mitchell Schwartz - Not very disappointing, but I feel like he has given up a few more pressures than a top-flight RT should. Maybe not, just needed a 3rd player to list here.
Short summary:

All those B+s would be A- and As if not for the Steelers game. Can't give anyone an A after that! But overall this Chiefs team feels really good and balanced.

Defense: Secondary is super young and talented, both Gaines and Peters are very good, and Steven Nelson/DJ White are inconsistent but flash quite often. Best safeties in the league in Eric Berry, Big Ron Parker and Dirty Dan Sorenson. OLB is the weak spot of this defense, but Dee Ford looks better this year compared to last. Chris Jones and Ramik Wilson are two recently-promoted starters and both looked great against the Saints and Colts.

Offense: The OL is much better than last year. WRs are MUCH MUCH better than last year. Chris Conley has actually developed.

Feeling good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I remember going to a Chiefs/Ravens preseason game at M&T a few years ago, and Tyrod was playing for the Ravens. At one point he rolled out and juked the gently caress out of our new rookie OLB Justin Houston and I thought to myself a) drat that QB is sick and b) why the gently caress did we draft this bum rear end linebacker

• Locked thread