Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ussr posted:

Penalties: Dallas - 11, Philly - 5. But the game was rigged for the Cowboys.

Just because your special teams are clowns doesn't mean it's ok for the line to hold all game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

warcrimes posted:

nice meltdown

hurrrr look at me saying nice meltdown when someone gets mad about something. high fives to all my internet friends.

whatever. gently caress this and gently caress the nfl, i'm going to bed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If Philly can just get that dude another offensive lineman or two and a decent wide receiver he's going to be a monster.

Yeah feeling great about the Eagles rn actually

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

axeil posted:

hurrrr look at me saying nice meltdown when someone gets mad about something. high fives to all my internet friends.

nice meltdown

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Dude, we're watching millionaires do PE, it's not worth losing your mind over.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

day Chip Kelly's fired: WTF I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WAS FIRED. ONE LOSING SEASON AND NOT EVEN COMPLETELY DONE. TOO SOON. gently caress THIS

literally this morning: lol chip, can't believe he wasn't fired sooner

right now: gently caress THIS LOSS. gently caress THIS TEAM. gently caress THAT TEAM. gently caress COACHES AND REFS. gently caress YALL, CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE THINK I'M OVERREACTING

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

axeil posted:

Nice meltdown

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
That guy is melting down

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

axeil posted:

lmfao

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Yeah feeling great about the Eagles rn actually

Agreed. They really have found a QB I think. Which makes everything else easier.

Need a WR and OL depth, and a CB or two.

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

Dallas won fair and square

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ragnarok the Red posted:

If Philly can just get that dude another offensive lineman or two and a decent wide receiver he's going to be a monster.

I know that, people with functiioning brain stems know that.

However, Philly fans.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

axeil posted:

If you need an internet friend, I'm here, enjoying some great dessert and ready to be empathetic

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Brockenstein posted:

Sean Lee looks like he loves high school girls cause he keeps getting older but they stay the same age

Lmfao

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

nice nice meltdown

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

axeil posted:

please keep melting down axeil we haven't had a good one since the Browns sundays of hell

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
angry, conspiracy-shouting eagles fans mean that the nfl is officially back

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That game will be remembered as an all time classic.

For Cowboys fans.:getin:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I hope the Eagles lose out.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though Philly is really close to being really good and I hope it happens because A) It's boring as gently caress seeing Dallas own the division every year (it feels that way anyway) and B) I love watching Wentz play. I am not afraid to admit I am a Wentz fanboy. Dak is also cool but he plays for Dallas which taints him.

I'm just a sucker for rookie QBs coming in and being awesome.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

gently caress you, white noise person i've never seen post before

kaboom

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously though Philly is really close to being really good and I hope it happens because A) It's boring as gently caress seeing Dallas own the division every year (it feels that way anyway) and B) I love watching Wentz play. I am not afraid to admit I am a Wentz fanboy. Dak is also cool but he plays for Dallas which taints him.

I'm just a sucker for rookie QBs coming in and being awesome.

The Cowboys have owned and won the division 3 times since 1998 dude

(2014, 2009, 2007)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

figures that the Philly fan can't tell Asian posters apart

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

The Cowboys have owned and won the division 3 times since 1998 dude

(2014, 2009, 2007)

Why does it feel that way then? Sincere question about my own apparent idiocy. Media narrative?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why does it feel that way then? Sincere question about my own apparent idiocy. Media narrative?

The media gives Dallas an insane amount of credit and threat to win even when they are garbage. Even last year they kept getting hype.

They also had a chance to win the division 3 years in a row and lost in the final game to a different NFCE team each time, the greatest streak ever

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was probably 2011 through 2013 where they were 8-7 going into the final week and lost the final game and the division to the Giants, Redskins, and Eagles before actually winning it in 2014 :v:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

The media gives Dallas an insane amount of credit and threat to win even when they are garbage. Even last year they kept getting hype.

They also had a chance to win the division 3 years in a row and lost in the final game to a different NFCE team each time, the greatest streak ever

The second half is probably what I was thinking about. But yeah. gently caress Dallas is mostly what I'm getting at here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

NFC East teams are always on TV so it tends to dominate perspective if you don't happen to follow everything every week. And when they win in that spotlight, it adds up. Aside from last year and every Week 17 game (seriously, there were 3 consecutive years where their week 17 game against a division rival was on primetime, and they lost every one), they win enough times on national TV I could understand someone thinking they're pretty good

Like I said, that's aside from last year. Story of the last 2 years now has more been Romo being done. He needs to heal, they won't let him, so they send him out as early as possible for him to break again, and it's harmed their performance

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The Eagles are are a very good team who should make a strong push for the playoffs, but they have some achilles heels. The WRs are simply not good enough, the corners are simply not good enough. If the pressure doesn't screw up the QB, or if the QB isn't just bad...these corners are way too easily exploitable. And without good WRs...it's really hard to keep up in a shootout.

:negative:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

figures that the Philly fan can't tell Asian posters apart

im white as hell hth

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

NFC East teams are always on TV so it tends to dominate perspective if you don't happen to follow everything every week. And when they win in that spotlight, it adds up. Aside from last year and every Week 17 game (seriously, there were 3 consecutive years where their week 17 game against a division rival was on primetime, and they lost every one), they win enough times on national TV I could understand someone thinking they're pretty good

Like I said, that's aside from last year. Story of the last 2 years now has more been Romo being done. He needs to heal, they won't let him, so they send him out as early as possible for him to break again, and it's harmed their performance

The NFCE dominates the airwaves and the Cowboys are still probably the most exposed and talked about team in the division. Giants a distant 2nd, Philly a close 3rd, Washington behind only because they've sucked for so long.

It's pretty much impossible to escape the Cowboys as a football fan.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chinatown posted:

im white as hell hth

it was a joke because of your avatar you dummy

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I felt a meltdown happening in this thread I was drawn to it.

Oh wait that was just Pederson's play calling.

Seriously though I was only half watching the game but what was up with the Eagles' 4th quarter playcalls

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

blue squares posted:

it was a joke because of your avatar you dummy

nice meltdown :grin:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Did anyone notice that Jerry Jones couldn't get the length right on his tie and kept trying to tie it all night? It was down over his crotch at some point then the short end was sticking out below the bottom. :lol:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Pederson got ultra conservative and it bit him. Putting Smallwood in the game at all at that point made no sense either.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I don't really blame him for Smallwood's fumble. That's on Smallwood, and it's on Ryan Mathews for earning distrust with two idiot fumbles already.

But Dear Lord that 3rd down play to Sproles followed by the punt...inexplicable. Doug Pederson lost that game. He's done a lot of things I like, so I hope this is just rookie coach growing pains and not Andy Reid neverlearnitis.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Cowboys Own Ya'll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

TeeMerk posted:

Cowboys Own Ya'll

Yeehaw

• Locked thread