Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

22 Eargesplitten posted:

We need at least another room

You need to figure out the difference between a want and a need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Sorry, wasn't trying to seem needy. I just kind of expected a bunch of people to jump on me telling me how lovely I was doing. I guess I've been reading the Zuarg thread too much.

Less responses is usually a good thing. People being busy aside, you'll see the most responses when you do something really stupid and everyone falls over each other trying to pull you away from the ledge (or to berate and/or mock you if you already did it) and give you alternative suggestions and plenty of reasons why you should definitely not have another kid or buy another car or quit your job to live in a yurt for the rest of your life.

Don't get overconfident or anything, but your mood does seem up since you came back to this thread in November and you do seem to be doing a lot better. You're right that you could have done better last month, but it seems like you spent less than you made and you didn't do something unwise like spend so little that you're going to overspend next month to make up for it. Your idea of making eggnog as Christmas gifts was a great way to save money and have a thoughtful gift for people.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Do you think it would help morale (it doesn’t sound like she’s sick of doing it while things are going well right now, but just a thought for later) if you changed to a system like “80% of her commission income goes to savings, 20% goes to slush (fun money)”? Or some other proportion, whatever works.

You’re not currently relying on her income in the budget, and I don’t want to encourage you to spend MORE money (you could pull money from slush to cover overages though), but it does seem fair for an especially profitable month to result in some sort of short-term reward.

• Locked thread