Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, they really do work wonders. When I was younger and not doing as badly, one of the big ways I would make myself feel at least a bit better was the three S method. poo poo, Shower, Shave.

My roommate's ex just moved back from Alabama and is here most of the time (it's a weird situation, they have a baby together and still kind of like each other), and she has been saving us so much money on food. She loves cooking, so she's been cooking all of the time. We split the grocery bill and she cooks some great food. We sit in the kitchen and talk, which gives some much needed social activity. My wife will take care of the baby for a bit, I'll take care of the baby for a bit, my wife will help with the food, I'll set the table, and we all eat together. It's something that I haven't had for a long time.

If you're wondering where the dad is, he's usually sleeping or working. He has two full-time jobs, including overnights at Wal-Mart. So most of the time he's at home he's sleeping. I never expected it, but I really enjoy taking care of and playing with the baby, especially since if he starts crying a lot or needs his diaper changed I hand him off to a parent. Not that I don't try to calm him down when he cries, it's just sometime he wants mom or dad.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Only three weeks left on planned FMLA, little to no improvement. Might just have to max out FMLA and then possibly get laid off. At least disability continuing past FMLA limits wouldn’t be an at-fault situation.

At this point my wife is my biggest problem. She gets on my case about not getting poo poo done, which means that after I deal with her mood swinging and anger for an hour or two I have no energy to do anything. Then the cycle continues and she doesn’t get how she is contributing to it. And I still have to help with her mood issues, which takes up a ton of time. I know that sounds resentful, it’s not. I accepted helping her with her issues when I proposed. But she just doesn’t get how it all goes together, and when I bring it up she says that I’m just trying to blame her for everything.

gently caress my life.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Droo posted:

I tried not to be this blunt in the past, but your wife sounds absolutely awful and you should divorce her and work on yourself.

Edit: failing that, make an effortpost in reddit/relationships, you will get good advice there.

He’ll no, I’m not posting in r/relationships to get mocked in E/N.

To be completely fair I wrote that right after we had an argument about me not having kept up with the budget tracking, and she’s right to be upset about it. But the reason I didn’t get it done yesterday was that I had been doing poo poo all day and was dead on my feet.

I need to look into noise-blocking headphones for when I go out if I’m already kind of tired. My state yesterday may have had to do with hearing that pina coladas and caught in the rain song twice while shopping.

We’re going to therapy weekly. It’s just that our relationship, like our moods, is very up and down. It’s actually gotten better over the past month or so, we’ve been better at communicating. My dose of Lexapro was raised and that lowered my energy. We switched up medications last week, but I’m still struggling to get back where I should be. Also having trouble sticking with my schedule, I think I need to schedule some chore time, currently it’s studying, relaxing, spending time with her, and running errands with her.

• Locked thread