Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Ah, poo poo. Stuff happened yesterday and I didn’t get the post or budget done. Guess I need to do at least some of that at lunch so I don’t get banned.

No offense but so far the only thing you seem really good at or dedicated to is not following through on the stuff you say you will. I'm hoping we see that budget and a written down plan by the 7th! We're all pulling for you, but you have to keep up your end of the bargain for it to matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesolateRampage
Feb 16, 2011
Dude no offense but this relationship is unhealthy as poo poo. Like, you basically are acting as one huge enabler to her and letting her not only not really contribute to the household in a meaningful way, but on top of that she in essence is dictating things that directly affect you.

This sounds like a serious case of learned helplessness - and I don't know what the solution to that is. I had an ex who was like that and no matter what I did or how I approached it, nothing ever changed and as long as I was bringing in enough to support us (Which I HAD to, since there was no money really coming in from them.) and I ended up growing really resentful over the course of a couple years until I had to bail. This is something you directly need to figure out and soon though, as has been pointed out, money is the #1 cause of divorce.

Also, most people I know just lie on the WFH application regarding if they have a space dedicated to work and I've never heard of anyone having a problem with it unless they have a crazy spouse or a dog that never stops barking. If you are confident you can do your work from home I don't see how that should be an issue.

• Locked thread