Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
RE: Wokchat...if your frying pan is too small and stuff is spilling over, just use a pot. It's flat, high sided, etc. I'm assuming you already have like an 8 or 12 quart pot at least, if you're trying to do budget cooking.

Decent quality cookware is a good investment. If you can find a HomeGoods or something similar you find pretty great deals on pans, pots, etc. I've been using my Cusinart stainless steel pan for over a decade and it's still a-ok. I think it was $15?

Don't buy exotic kitchen items. Improvise and make due. Save the big ticket items for special occasions. I literally got my now-wife-then-girlfriend a Cusinart food processor for Valentine's Day instead of jewelry or a fancy dinner or something. To this day she still tells me it was the best V-day gift I've gotten her. Lifehack: I might use it more than she does. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Veskit posted:

That's literally what a 1 bedroom is. I think you're confusing a studio with a 1 bedroom?

Maybe, unless he means that you need to go into the kitchen first to get to the bedroom? In which case, I definitely have seen 1br apartments like that (lived in one for several years), although this was on the east cost and in an old retrofitted victorian house. Shared it for years with my wife. It's tough but workable. We had around 750 sqft.

I think a lot of the newer apartments have open concept living room/kitchens so it's not quite as broken up as he might like.

• Locked thread