Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005
what the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for!?
Hey dude, hang in there with the mental stuff. I have been there and go back there from time to time. I don't have any grand advice but I did have a few thoughts.

1) Other posters are correct, getting yourself right should be a priority. Personally, exercise was always the best antidote for depression. You said you feel bad for paying for a gym membership but there are so many discount gyms out there you shouldn't deprive yourself of that. Planet Fitness is $10-15 a month. If you can't do that I can send you my P90x DVDs so you can work out from home. I've done that a couple times and had never felt so good.

2) As far as all the financial stuff, I would say keep it very simple. Make a list, prioritize your debts. If it was me, I would go credit cards/collections > misc bills > family loan > student loans > medical bill. Do everything in your power to wipe those out. Drive for Uber on the weekends, mow some lawns, whatever it takes. If you can somehow find a way to make another $300 a month you could get rid of all your debt and actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

3) Where do you live? Any possible way you can downsize to a slightly smaller place and save a couple hundred a month? Might be worth it.

4) As far as the reckless spending, going out and the like, that is something you have to do on your own to develop discipline. That is something you can very easily control. There are some things you can not control at this moment like debt and mental issues but developing healthy spending habits going forward is paramount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread