Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

West SAAB Story posted:

Daily driving a 15 year old $2,000 Eurocar is starting to get annoying.

>KEY ON<
Yes, I know you think the back bulbs are dead because the ground isn't as resistant as you expect after I fixed that lovely ground. >CLEAR<
Yes, I know you think the front passenger blinker bulb is out due to the fact that it's a Thursday. I tried cleaning you, and replacing it, but you are still being bratty. Time to check for another lovely ground! >CLEAR<
Yes, I know the third brake light is unhappy- I noticed that when I pulled into the driveway and there was the ebbing glow of ascension behind me, with no red filter whatsoever. >CLEAR<
>START<

:same:

e: full disclosure, mine just freaks out about the brake lights most of the time. The rest is okay.

epic bird guy fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

West SAAB Story posted:

That's going to be wrong bulbs and/or ground.

Its one of those things I just haven't quite mustered the energy to deal with yet, but thanks for the tip. I think ground is more likely because it was only fairly recently that it started doing it every time. That said, this is the car where the PO "fixed" the burned out headlight by duct taping the lamp to the inside of the plastic cover since the retaining clip was missing.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

More than 250,000 people voted early in Minnesota. Looks like we're going to top the voter turnout charts yet again!

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

I went to vote early this morning, felt stupid when I realized I missed early voting. Guess I'll be standing in line with everyone else tomorrow after work.

I don't work on Tuesdays so I didn't even try to vote early. My plan for tomorrow is to go vote then brew some beer to usher in the election apocalypse.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

slothrop posted:

It went into the barrel right around the day I was born (March 1984). It's one of my favourite regions, distilleries and independent bottlers! It's getting stashed away until I have a good excuse to drink it - 40th birthday or somesuch.

That's totally awesome. I'd love to have that whisky.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

So friends, what liquor are you drinking as we usher in the apocalypse? I chose Woodford Reserve since something American seemed appropriate.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Fascists are scum.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

CharlesM posted:

AI group project: 1974 Dodge Monaco.

I'm in if we put a "This Machine Kills Fascists" sticker on it a la Woodie Guthrie's guitar.

Seriously fascists are where I draw a loving line. We can disagree on all kinds of political issues and have discourse about it but the instant you do things like question whether or not Jews/black people/whoever are people you are a trash person and a waste of air.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Drinking is expensive and horrible for you and you should take up some hobbies probably instead. But definitely at least quit the drinking. This has the benefit of improving like every single aspect of your life.

Moderate drinking is not bad for you. Ceasing drinking also definitely makes a nice dinner really lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I choose hate the man

• Locked thread