Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jim & Sam is becoming more and more dull to me as they continue to hammer the same two talking points every single day. Politics (South Park level of discussion), or Jim tugging his pud talking to/about women. It's loving boring.

I like the part where Jim totally understands the language of humiliation and disrespect in his personal and professional life, and spends hours every day on the radio and on stage sharing his views with the audience he's amassed. But he's only sharing his opinion and is not a role model and not preaching to anybody.

But the second a celebrity who's a "liberal" highlights humiliation and disrespect, or uses their media visibility to speak about their political views, they are are dishonest and disingenuous and think that they are role model for everybody and should shut up already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jim & Sam is becoming more and more dull to me as they continue to hammer the same two talking points every single day. Politics (South Park level of discussion), or Jim tugging his pud talking to/about women. It's loving boring.

And despite that it manages to still be my favorite of the two shows. I think I am broken, though that's not news to anyone.

Really I think I would just listen to whatever Sam is on, that poo poo stirrer is my hero

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Sam's mindless regurgitation of Fox News talking points infuriates me. At least Ant seems confident in his hate-filled lovely points of view.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This would be why I stopped listening to the show the day Trump got elected. I couldn't deal with their pitiful half-in, half-out support of a loving fascist rear end in a top hat before then, and it sounds like they've gone down the 'we won so we were right to be evil!' path.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
jim norton - the face of evil

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't think he's particularly evil, just retarded and abetting evil. Anyone who voted for Trump holds responsibility for what will happen. I like how this was the one guy who got him to break from his 'I don't vote!' crap. Really?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

jim norton - the face of evil

fawk yeah dvv dvv

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
How do you know who they voted for? They don't talk politics on the show.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

How do you know who they voted for? They don't talk politics on the show.

lol, this was actually the thing Jimmy said that pushed the show into the toilet for me. He refused to answer the question and said they don't "do" politics on the show. After a two hour break on politics. He wasn't kidding either.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
nvm

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 11, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, this was actually the thing Jimmy said that pushed the show into the toilet for me. He refused to answer the question and said they don't "do" politics on the show. After a two hour break on politics. He wasn't kidding either.

This is the joke you idiot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Well don't I have egg on my face, then. I guess I forgot what a joke was considering the state of the show.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Trump said the magic words 'political correctness' so they have to support him otherwise they won't be edgy

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Well don't I have egg on my face, then. I guess I forgot what a joke was considering the state of the show.

It's ok, you're a sweet boy

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ozza posted:

Sam's mindless regurgitation of Fox News talking points infuriates me. At least Ant seems confident in his hate-filled lovely points of view.

Is this a newer thing or was it just masked before by Ant doing the same thing?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm routinely amused by people listening to anything connected to O&A and expecting correct political opinions

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is this a newer thing or was it just masked before by Ant doing the same thing?

I think Sam is a regular or semi-regular on Redeye now, so it's expected for him to fall in line

CrashCat posted:

I'm routinely amused by people listening to anything connected to O&A and expecting correct political opinions

If I wanted uninformed political opinions I would read internet forums dedicated to the subject. I listen to the radio to be amused, not to hear clowns trying to be George Carlin.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If I wanted uninformed political opinions I would read internet forums dedicated to the subject. I listen to the radio to be amused, not to hear clowns trying to be George Carlin.

You're listening to a degenerate who stays locked up in his luxury apartment/hotel room so he can edge for 8+ hours and a retard who's only joy in life is radio/wrestling/tendies.

Try laughing at how stupid they are on everything that falls outside of their very limited interests.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I just looked up who Mary Jean is....she is juicy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

By all means, but people have been saying something to that effect since like four threads ago or something, it seems useless :shrug:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Call Me Charlie posted:

You're listening to a degenerate who stays locked up in his luxury apartment/hotel room so he can edge for 8+ hours and a retard who's only joy in life is radio/wrestling/tendies.

Try laughing at how stupid they are on everything that falls outside of their very limited interests.

The problem is that people like them get to vote and have just ruined America.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I'm not expecting expert political opinions, I'm just expecting an occasional joke. Not Sam Roberts acting as if he's a serious commentator whose opinions are original and compelling.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Apoplexy posted:

The problem is that people like them get to vote and have just ruined America.

i also voted for trump :ssh:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Voting is a private matter, I don't think this is an appropriate conversation to have with polite company.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Call Me Charlie posted:

i also voted for trump :ssh:

:hfive:

There's not a single show where I nod my head along with everything being said and say "yep, I agree" to every opinion. If there were a show like that, it'd be pretty boring.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Agreement" isn't a thing I want in a radio show either, like The Bonfire I usually laugh at because it's funny and has hosts that actually care about what they're doing every day rather than being on their phone or thinking about wrestlers abs in between reading the top stories of the day and adding nothing to the conversation.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
They should make Colin the third mic. Then second and first mic and its just a Colin Quinn show.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Nah I feel ya, I get pretty gosh dern bored when they discuss some of the news events. Like maybe if Ant was there and instead of the occasional chip bomb they could go off on wild silly tangents or have huge arguments with horrid jokes thrown in I dunno, but Sam just going "hahaha thats not funny, stop doing that, dont encourage him!" gets old. They need some events or bits and segments kinda like jocktober or something to kinda break up the monotony.

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Cum Town rules.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Didn't know Nick Mullen was on Cum Town, I'll have to listen to that, especially if those dipshits don't like him. "He lived with Asian people? WHY WOULDN'T HE JUST LIVE WITH WHITE PEOPLE?!"

Also, apparently Ant or one of his cocksucker hanger-ons vanity searched something I said about him and blocked me. Sensitive much, grandpa?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

So why did did this thread get locked earlier?

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Cory Lidle posted:

Didn't know Nick Mullen was on Cum Town, I'll have to listen to that, especially if those dipshits don't like him. "He lived with Asian people? WHY WOULDN'T HE JUST LIVE WITH WHITE PEOPLE?!"

Also, apparently Ant or one of his cocksucker hanger-ons vanity searched something I said about him and blocked me. Sensitive much, grandpa?

Yeah, Cum Town is good.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

bunky posted:

So why did did this thread get locked earlier?

Something to do with OP getting probated, I'd assume.

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
as an observation of MLK day

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Catching up on the GBS r/relationships thread and someone found the Norton story from last week
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792330&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=381#post468194937

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Agreement" isn't a thing I want in a radio show either, like The Bonfire I usually laugh at because it's funny and has hosts that actually care about what they're doing every day rather than being on their phone or thinking about wrestlers abs in between reading the top stories of the day and adding nothing to the conversation.

That said, I want more Bonfire taking on Corey Feldman, because those are GOLD.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Always love when a clip is bashed for an hour and someone syncs up the video. Billy Nunez and VideOandA have done a bunch of good ones.

Bonfire on Cory Feldman 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahz_RXGRJX0

Bonfire on Cory Feldman 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0tOAc_QHdo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

AxisofIdiocy posted:

as an observation of MLK day

lol

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqZzadd6Vw&t=1795s at about 30 minutes in if the timecode link doesn't work

This poo poo drives me insane, they get a guy on the line and they interrupt him and derail him three or four times before he can get to what turns out to be a good anecdote. Lucky that caller was over eager and didn't just hang up after the third time he tried to get through it quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

CrashCat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqZzadd6Vw&t=1795s at about 30 minutes in if the timecode link doesn't work

This poo poo drives me insane, they get a guy on the line and they interrupt him and derail him three or four times before he can get to what turns out to be a good anecdote. Lucky that caller was over eager and didn't just hang up after the third time he tried to get through it quickly

sam is the new opie, time is a flat circle, etc

• Locked thread