Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I just got my annual XM re-up bill, and frankly, I'm not feeling it anymore, since the shows on 103 are about all I can't get elsewhere and I'm kind of meh on all of them. Anyone have any luck getting a counter-offer when canceling lately? I know they used to throw tons of freebies at people who called to cancel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Bum the Sad posted:

Hey call and cancel now. I just did, they are currently offering a half off promotion that you can get from the out of country rep and not have to bitch your way up to a manager. Knocked my renewal from loving $273.22 to $142.89 after taxes and fees.

Much better price. I'll pay $10ish a month for the like 40 hours a month of entertainment I get from XM 103. That price is all the all access package so I think it gives you Howard and poo poo too(I've never tried to listen to him though)
Awesome, thanks!!

Edit: I've been a subscriber of sirius and then XM since 2003, so this has been some serious "boiling the frog one degree at a time" poo poo going on here. I think my first subscription was $7.99/mo.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 4, 2017

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Under the vegetable posted:

sometimes i feel like the entire company is a money laundering operation.
It's got some really standout stations (outlaw country comes to mind for me), but its competition is either much cheaper or infinitely cheaper.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
I'm just happy to have more music back on faction instead of Ellis.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
They should fire Opie and give the slot to Vic Henley's Southern Drawl Story Time. He's the only listenable thing on the new show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Sadly, I'm pretty sure the only reality where Opie and/or Ant make great radio again involves a time machine.

• Locked thread