Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stokes posted:

Anthony got banned from twitter lol.
https://www.twitter.com/anthonycumia

Three years and nine days too late.

Apoplexy posted:

Haha, thank you for posting that. Some douchebag alt-right Nazi is saying that Ant got fired for a homophobic joke. Bandwagon harassment is way worse and makes sense given Twitter's administratorship only cares about banning communists who make fun of short Nazis otherwise.

https://twitter.com/BasedMonitored/status/884960486713937920

Why did I think it would be racism that took him down instead of homophobia?

Orchestrated Mess posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbmYc7UAzGc

Come on, baaaby [insert a Dick Van Dyke reference directed to a near-retarded piece of 20-year-old novelty pussy]

Oh gently caress that's awesome. I kinda want to go out and get the complete run of 'In Search Of' now. That was downright masterful.

Edit: oh, why not, here's another awesome video with Ant doing his Echo review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOKRJZel4OY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

delfin posted:

Just caught while flipping channels that Faction has been canceled, being replaced by a Guns & Roses Channel for eight days and then Yacht Rock. Yacht Rock is actually the lesser evil for once. Is Faction Talk sticking around or did Opie's photo shoot tank the entire channel?

So this means Bennington is retiring, and Jim and Sam are done for?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pleasing Shape posted:

Bennington is on Raw Dog and unaffected, Jim & Sam should continue on Faction Talk unless Jim leaves at the end of his contract.

Oh cool. I kinda hope Jim & Sam get better because out of all of them Jim was one of the funniest ones. He just needs to chill and be his usual, goofy, comic self. Or just talk to Ron and learn how not to loving care.

Maybe Chris Stanley should be involved somehow. Because the one thing Stanley needs now is more poo poo to do.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I like how the call started off as Ellis trying to make a bit out of all of this and Sam just completely shutting him down, and Ellis just not refusing to cut it short and making it into a bizarre ten minutes of him repeating himself. Talk to management and the people who make the schedules, don't harass Disco Caveman and expect anything from it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Victorkm posted:

Ant coming into the building today makes Opie look pretty fishy, like somehow it was Opie preventing him from coming in this whole time.

Which show was Ant on?

And yeah, I thought he was banned for being violent. Apparently not?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Victorkm posted:

Jim and Sam

Oh surely you must be kid--

HOLY poo poo!! That's fairly awesome.

The Dave posted:

He doesn't know what to do with his hair now that he's losing it and has landed on "pedophile teacher".

Just shave it like Jim and he should be okay. Because he has no other choices.

TL posted:

I hope Opie is right and they work out a deal where Ant gets to come on Jim and Sam from time to time. If he's not in every day he's less likely to go into politics and racism. The few minutes I heard today with him and Artie were very fun.

I so want Ant and Jim back together. Skip the politics, just focus on the weird movie and TV poo poo mixed with childish humor. That works SO loving well.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fauxhawk Express posted:

:drat:

I loving love Denny.

Yeah, that was a long time coming. Remember how Opie used to think that being on Sirius XM counted as 'New York Market' and held it over everybody's heads in radio during Jocktober? That was always insufferable even if there was a little truth in it, but holy poo poo.

Good on Denny, he's always awesome.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

it's cute that he thinks the listeners of his show were still the Pests that would cancel upon his firing and not some schlub who listened because they had a free 6 months in their Toyota lease

I like how the whole video is the living example of 'sour grapes, no those grapes just weren't sweet and the people in the building who are still my friends tell me --' bullshit. Opie just can't stand that he has nobody backing him and his got tossed out for being a toxic nitwit and now probably will never work in radio again because the last thing the industry needs now is some disc jockey with a personality disorder.

You can do a lot of poo poo if you're friendly. But being a dick means they're just looking for reasons to ditch you and they will find them.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I like how Jim said it too: not with a lead up to a yuk line, but just as a brutal statement of fact. Even Ron let it hover for a bit before he went on. Absolutely nobody is standing up for Opie. He must have been quite the terror to be in a job forever and then just trashed.

He's never going to work in real radio again. And that's hilarious.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

He insists on being a one man show is the annoying part. He's got a guy in there and once in a great while he will bounce something off them and then get mad and tell them to pipe down

He's probably sore about Artie taking his job and running it into the ground. Which is still funny as hell.

Edit: okay, we'll give DiPaolo a break with a funny clip from O&A about Regis farting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBNgNR4s7c

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, I can tolerate a racist Anthony rant cause that fucker will make me laugh despite myself

When he was on he can, but by the time he was fired he was really just blowing a lot of time during the show. He needs to keep his racism and drinking in check, and I think doing radio with Jimmy can help with that...or at least keep him focused enough on the Ropers or some poo poo to keep the funny coming.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sankis posted:

I like how the end of the article frames it as a Republican vs liberal thing not human garbage shock jock vs famous comedian

Ant really wants to take this whole 'second chance' thing that Sirius is seeming to give him and just poo poo on it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Ant is really smart. Gets his foot back in the door at Sirius and then starts making fried chicken jokes.

Opie's mutant ability is to somehow remain anonymous, even to the point where a presidential contender referencing his show doesn't mention his name. Ant's mutant ability is to fall into situations years after with possibly a brand new lease only to gently caress it up because he's an alcoholic bigot.

Holy poo poo, Ant. I can only imagine what Jimmy is thinking right now looking at this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I had my doubts about this Ant and Artie thing considering how badly it went for Nick DiPaolo when he brought Artie into this own gig, but it might be good right up until Artie starts missing work and Ant keeps tweeting racial slurs due to his rampant alcoholism.

Best of both worlds: Artie gets Ant hooked on drugs, and there's an awesome two years before Ant is broke and homeless and Artie waddles into another money-making gig as his health continues to hang out despite the odds.

• Locked thread