Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I was the candy kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jim & Sam is becoming more and more dull to me as they continue to hammer the same two talking points every single day. Politics (South Park level of discussion), or Jim tugging his pud talking to/about women. It's loving boring.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

80s James Hetfield posted:

How do you know who they voted for? They don't talk politics on the show.

lol, this was actually the thing Jimmy said that pushed the show into the toilet for me. He refused to answer the question and said they don't "do" politics on the show. After a two hour break on politics. He wasn't kidding either.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Well don't I have egg on my face, then. I guess I forgot what a joke was considering the state of the show.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Snacksmaniac posted:

Is this a newer thing or was it just masked before by Ant doing the same thing?

I think Sam is a regular or semi-regular on Redeye now, so it's expected for him to fall in line

CrashCat posted:

I'm routinely amused by people listening to anything connected to O&A and expecting correct political opinions

If I wanted uninformed political opinions I would read internet forums dedicated to the subject. I listen to the radio to be amused, not to hear clowns trying to be George Carlin.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Agreement" isn't a thing I want in a radio show either, like The Bonfire I usually laugh at because it's funny and has hosts that actually care about what they're doing every day rather than being on their phone or thinking about wrestlers abs in between reading the top stories of the day and adding nothing to the conversation.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

feigning interest posted:

sam is the new opie, time is a flat circle, etc

I don't want this to be true but I think it may be. If not now, someday soon..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How many times does Opie have to metaphorically say "gently caress You" for Jimmy to finally drop something real. All this bickering between tits & the worm is embarrassing and makes me think there isn't anything beyond this feud other than two grown men being massive poo poo diapered piss boys. OOHHH the Howard Hallway Prank of 2011, holy FUUUCk!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

And nothing of value was lost

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I mean.. I guess I could see someone being an OpieRadio fan of all they've ever heard is local fm poo poo, but wow.

Jim & Sam is lacking something for sure though. I can't listen to the same two idiots playing middle-of-the-road South Park politics for the first 90 minutes of the show every day. Wrestling/UFC talk only makes it worse.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DiPaolo can be really loving funny when he wants to be, but the problem is he (like many other comics) thinks he's smarter than he actually is. No one wants to hear your hot takes -- you're a glorified court jester. Make me laugh, clown

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hard to believe ole pissy eyes can't handle an altercation with another grown man

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You must be a hit at parties

Haha, yeah, it must be a hoot to be a 60 year old alcoholic racist who beats his girlfriends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I mean, it's a stupid rear end tweet by a stupid near 60 year old radio host......but he's not wrong

Wow U must be a hit at parties!!

• Locked thread