Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Morter posted:

The Toosh?

idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's loving awful.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's not a good work if the behavior is completely unremarkable for The Opester. He doesn't have a Fez-like running story.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

TheReverend posted:

I never listened to O and A, but after picking up an insanely long commute I've been listening to Opie and really enjoyed it. I also unironically enjoy the chef Carl.

Your opinion on anything radio or comedy related can be safely discarded, then.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

NarkyBark posted:

There was a time when Opie had no problems being "the destroyer", and he was really good at making people uncomfortable. It made for some really great cringe radio moments. At some point, perhaps around when XM merged into Sirius, he stopped playing that role and just became a board op since he couldn't keep up with the humor in the room otherwise. Maybe it was management, or family, or who knows, but it took away the one thing he was able to bring to the table.

He wasn't really good at making people uncomfortable. He clumsily brought up inappropriate topics or threw things on the floor, both of which almost any idiot can do.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://streamable.com/0i7c3

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 12, 2017

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2oXr4IjPiI

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

He treated Denny like a piece of poo poo. Denny is both better at radio and smarter than Opie.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's weird to expect Anthony Cumia to be treated with any kind of respect by a public figure.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

An Enormous Boner fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

You must be a hit at parties

Why are you using 100 year old reddit catchphrases.

• Locked thread