Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

To all those who thought this whole O&A caper was at an end simply because Opie and Anthony are both now 100% unlistenable: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0w_yf2ttbY&t=320s
poo poo, good find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

livingfruitvirus posted:

Another show today where Opie can't do it by himself so he pulls someone else in from the bullpen, in this case Erock.
Now that's desperation

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'll settle for nothing less tortured than the opening from the first Todd solo show

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Giga Gaia posted:

I hope the Opster retires happily after getting all his staff comfortable jobs and occasionally does call ins to Anthony's show.

I also hope for the Todd Show w/ Opie.
I don't care if it's happily or unhappily, I just hope he gets out because it's what he's wanted for at least half a decade now

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sintax posted:

Opie seems to bring in awful yes-men, and it really turns my stomach. I don't even have any hate for ERock because at least he stood up to the Opester once or twice. I tried to watch that interview with Artie Lange because I thought it would be interesting, but Opie kept impressing himself with the dumbest tangents, and then Vic Henley would toothily agree and giggle like a goon and I just wanted to smash his face in.
I'd rather listen to a hundred more hours of Vic Henley and Sherrod Small than one more of Opie

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FarmerHank posted:

thought I posted this here last night but I loving posted it in the CoD thread, no idea how that happened.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMaECCyhqm5/
the hell does he need an office for anyway, the flunkies do all the show prep

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jim and Sam had a pretty good take this morning I think. I would kind of like to see Anthony going bonkers with glee last night but I don't want to put in any effort or money

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Chris Stanley was featured on Fox News.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y-be4xKnQs

lol
:chanpop:

he's not wrong though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jerkstoresup posted:

I doubt he even tried. Put as much effort into it as he did trying to keep Ant.
Yeah probably. Also it was always Jim who did the talking when it came to UFC guests

glad that even Shelby has more loving initiative than Oqie

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pulpdisk posted:

Stalker Patty

oh hell, she must have used all three of her vacation hours this year for that :ohdear:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TL posted:

There you have it. Ant's Trump support was clearly linked to his Daddy issues.
Spaghetti on the wall -> Anthony becomes funny -> O&A happens -> Weiner pic -> Comey investigation -> Trump president -> End of the world

This is why you never throw spaghetti at the wall :kiddo:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stokes posted:

Matt from NY gets away with one, and Sam doesn't catch on: https://youtu.be/_Rnp3khm8ro?t=49m1s

Edit: Or he caught on right away and just let it happen, which is a better version of the story.
It's hard to say with Sam but he sure sounds baffled by it and more concerned with how boring he is telling the story

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

The Toosh?
finally, the post/av combo I was waiting for

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

empty baggie posted:

Dr. Steve just called my store about his iPad not charging properly. I knew he was from the area, but I didn't realize it was him until I was already hanging up the phone. He introduced himself after I said my normal "thank you for calling..." speech, and that voice is hard to mistake, but he didn't say "Doctor" before his name so it took me a minute to put it together.
Did you offer to change his iPad fluid

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

empty baggie posted:

I told him to bring it in so we could run diagnostics, and he said he would have "her" bring it in, whoever she may be.
Hopefully it's Lady Di. Lock your bathroom just in case

yeah yeah wrong state i know

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rest in peace, radio

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Evidently Jason Ellis announced this morning that Opie Radio will become Faction Talk. Opie said on Twitter that he is going to hang around until the end of his contract.
why they call it that is there some sort of radio war or somethin tss tss

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smugworth posted:

Is there a reason jim makes that noise or is it just to be annoying, like the snort?
Intentionally annoying but it's also like Chip's playing his own little stinger, suhweeeet!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bunky posted:

It's a heavy metal guitar riff goof.
yeah, that sick fawkin puppy is always live and ready to play a hot lick. now give him the cake you piece of garbage

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You googled the wrong term. Put in "Brother Joe" and the first result will be informative

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Victorkm posted:

Yeah - I don't think Opie's show is bad at all these days.
let me guess, it's in best-ofs?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That man is far too kempt to be our Trump Cuck, I call shenanigans

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

You think he can get dates without the radio?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bum the Sad posted:

I think Doctor Steve said she was retarded now and in a nursing home on his podcast.
Sounds like an improvement

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Jim & Sam is becoming more and more dull to me as they continue to hammer the same two talking points every single day. Politics (South Park level of discussion), or Jim tugging his pud talking to/about women. It's loving boring.

And despite that it manages to still be my favorite of the two shows. I think I am broken, though that's not news to anyone.

Really I think I would just listen to whatever Sam is on, that poo poo stirrer is my hero

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I'm routinely amused by people listening to anything connected to O&A and expecting correct political opinions

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If I wanted uninformed political opinions I would read internet forums dedicated to the subject. I listen to the radio to be amused, not to hear clowns trying to be George Carlin.
By all means, but people have been saying something to that effect since like four threads ago or something, it seems useless :shrug:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMqZzadd6Vw&t=1795s at about 30 minutes in if the timecode link doesn't work

This poo poo drives me insane, they get a guy on the line and they interrupt him and derail him three or four times before he can get to what turns out to be a good anecdote. Lucky that caller was over eager and didn't just hang up after the third time he tried to get through it quickly

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

feigning interest posted:

sam is the new opie

:shepicide:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stokes posted:

Opie's complete lack of self awareness is quite impressive. (Check his twitter.) At this point I don't think anyone worth their salt would look down on Jim for completely nuking the bridge. The time for passive agressive pot shots has passed.
but he has facts told to him from the guys down the hall!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

The other day, I listened to the Opie show for the first time in a long time, and he's still doing all the very annoying poo poo he's always
HOLD OONNNN I NEED TO SAY THIS HOLLD OONNNN

I had a nice breakfast today

okay go

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/5qkele/as_per_request_opie_blows_his_chance_for_him_and/?sort=new

Too Long; Didn't Listen: Opie had apparently been complaining about not being included in a coming 30 for 30 documentary, even though O&A contributed to XFL. Turns out he DID get invites but never checked his email. Then, Opie and Charlie Ebersol were starting to patch things up, Opie hung up on him, only to find out via Roland that Charlie was about to give the phone to his father Dick Ebersol.

Opie blew it.
Enjoying the replies from the guy who makes Youtube compilations which Opie outright swipes and puts on his channel, then come back as content matches on that guy :lol:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I was listening to Bennington and Ron mentioned that Opie was on Anthony's show. Someone asked if they were getting back together and Ron gave a big 'what the gently caress does it look like genius'
That's gonna be weird as hell, because Anthony has taken over the control freak position and I can't see Opie working with him again without being given the helm.

As it is he's gonna have to meditate on the paycheck to get past the daily white supremacy chat

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

80s James Hetfield posted:

As a fellow geek I actually like E-Rock's Saturday night show.

Thinking about it the old Saturday Night Virus lineups were great. Even if you didn't like a certain show they had plenty of things to appeal to anyone. Big Kev, Lazlow, Patrice's, Sam and Than/Dave

I can't believe they can't get the "funds" to do something like that on the channel now
Erock's show just came back after a listener campaign but if they're bumping shows I'm sure that will go away. And if Opie leaves they will definitely take off some other poo poo with him.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Erock tweeted that opie's show was not changing time slots
Muscled out again! The treachery knows no end! When will Opie finally receive justice?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

what up schnoodle gang

rip fez

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

beep by grandpa posted:

Is Opie about to discover the Streissand effect?
gently caress I hope so

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Name a big time radio guy who doesn't.

e: Not to stick up for Opie he's an rear end.
Some of the guys back on the talk radio station back home were reasonable and I remember one of them was downright humble. But this was also going on 10 to 20 years ago, anyone sticking around for dying radio at this point instead of going to a podcast or something has got to be off kilter

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lovechop posted:

we ain't goon hooligans, we maloonigans

pour one out for Fatty Pneumonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I found a twitter bot to replace Opie