Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stokes posted:

Vague E-Rock strikes again with a pretty good troll.

https://twitter.com/erockradio/status/833877918967283713
Okay, I need an explanation :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Well, that sure is a fitting way to end the story. Enjoy being a full time dad, Opie.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ozza posted:

If this whole crazy mess somehow ends up Opie in Rikers Island on a B&E charge, I'm laughing forever.

If Opie does more time than Anthony, the world truly has gone upside down

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

You know what I think is funny? How loving incompetent and dumb E-rock is. He chose to stay with Opie instead of go with Jim and Sam and now he's hosed.
I dunno, they could probably take him on and get rid of some dead weight

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

80s James Hetfield posted:

You realize this is a joke right?
With Anthony even fiction seems plausible

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I'm guessing Opie breaking and entering is a con, too? I'm asking honestly, I have no idea anymore. I feel like that intern Ron hated: what is reality?
Everything is a work, unless it's a shoot. Welcome to the rubes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This morning they talked about being caught sexting, apparently even Sam is dumb enough to get in deep poo poo for that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JFC posted:

Sometimes the O&A subreddit comes through. Has been confirmed: Lady Di has died
not just a name but a good idea

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I am more surprised that Opie didn't get punished for that segment, he knows better and I'm pretty sure he only let it fly because he wants out, but only if he can feel like he's in control

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

livingfruitvirus posted:

Opie went into best-of today because he couldn't find anyone to do the show with. In radio since he was 18 yet can't do a show by himself.

https://twitter.com/OpieRadio/status/841688675092160512
more importantly he thinks so little of Erock, even after all these years, and doing his own podcast, that he won't do a show with him lol

AxisofIdiocy posted:

Opie lives a nightmare I wouldn't wish on anyone except Opie.
also this

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I imagine E-Rock is off the table because that would show that Opie could be replaced by someone much, much cheaper than him without all the sad drama.
Harsh

but I'm not gonna disagree

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

Did I miss some bodily injury alert or are we just making bit references

bit references. I love that only Sherrod can be bothered to defend stupid lazy Opie's tweet even though it's blaming Sherrod for Opie being stupid and lazy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

iroguebot posted:

I'm sure besides Jimmy, Pat and Ant probably had the best relationship on the show so I'm sure it wasn't meant to be hurtful.
Said in jest, but the honest truth often is

Joe does know he got on the show because he's a schmuck and it's not that hard to prove his racism, right?
Of course he doesn't, and I hope someone here remembers to post a clip so I can enjoy it after it happens

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

finally, the comedy this great nation deserves

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Did Fez die or something? The Benningtons have been in best ofs for like 2 weeks.
Geez has Raw Dog hosed them over so bad that nobody even mentioned it til now :(

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Victorkm posted:

Opie's show isn't bad, but I like Vic, Sharad Small, and the Mad Cuban who seem like they are on the show near every day. If I didn't find those three listenable I probably wouldn't be able to listen. Also, the show is way too self-congratulatory and stuck up about itself.
Yeah those three carry it enough that I don't turn it off in the car unless it's mostly Opie or some boring rear end other guest. But I don't actively seek out any of the shows anymore which begs the question why the hell I still pay for it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

blackmarketlimb posted:

no. I just always assumed Earl never adapted with the times and just sits alone in his apartment, jerking off over Cult of Personality.

dang man, you don't get to be in the coveted position of Vibe Manager for the Hard Rock if you can't operate a smartphone

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Frost Uncle posted:

now this is a god damned bandoleer of wrong opinions
sort of... there's basically no show anymore when those 'extra' people can't show up to carry him and there's at least a few good lines when they're all there ripping on each other.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The gently caress does Opie need an office for anyway? The only prep he's ever mentioned doing himself is watching or reading poo poo which he does in his comfy apartment while being A Father.

Definitely don't need an office to do the current show, which is "a bunch of guys just shoot the poo poo randomly and laugh at each other's jokes"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I didn't hear that incident, though I find it unlikely Roland would rat anyone out so I wonder what happened

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUNi66qiCSA

Here's Sam etc talking about it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Opie's own tweets are even more useless than that one

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sankis posted:

So what station does Opie end up GMing at after his inevitable podcast fails

If he wasn't the captain of hubris, Anthony would probably have him back

I'll let you decide which "he"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TheReverend posted:

I never listened to O and A, but after picking up an insanely long commute I've been listening to Opie and really enjoyed it. I also unironically enjoy the chef Carl. I'm disappointed with the circumstances but I suppose I'm the only one.

I can't stand Norton's Show.
I can't stand Norton's Show either, luckily Sam doesn't let him do it that often. Jim still purposely drags the show energy down on random occasions whenever he can get away with it but Sam is wise to it. If there's a guest, even a comic, that's usually enough to get him to loving cut it out. I think even Jim himself has gotten kind of bored with doing that but it's become a bad habit after doing it for so many months since Anthony got the boot. His constant need to put on the brakes as a "gag" was a very rare occasional experiment before then and I think it secretly drove Opie's OCD off the charts.

Opie's show had some moments before the meltdown, but in the weeks leading up to that it was mostly a bunch of guys just overselling how happy they were to be there. On the plus side, that often dragged things into an interesting tangent that Opie wouldn't normally allow, but on the minus side Opie was starting to get accustomed to the extreme energy level and getting to exercise his control freak side even during some of those parts.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

NarkyBark posted:

I don't know how it got to this point but I've been finding Ellis more entertaining than those two shows. It's utterly juvenile and he's quite clueless about everything but at least they honestly seem to be having fun. I gave Covino&Rich an hour on two separate occasions and it was like white noise to me. I like DiPaulo as a guest but I think he still seems a bit stiff in the radio format.

ps. Your Mom's Box
Covino and Rich is unlistenable to me. Like straight up triggers my Morning Zoo reflexes and I shut it off quickly every attempt. Nick DiPaolo can talk but he's been spending too much time taking calls from people saying how great he is and how amazing his guinea politics are so it's usually hard for me to stick with it. That sounds hypocritical after decades of Anthony but that greaseball was better at making his hate entertaining. Ellis is a fuckhead but he's extremely open about that and manages to mostly keep poo poo moving.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

When I first got into the show, I never really paid attention to Opie save for when he was directing: Moving onto other bits or stories and stuff. He never really bothered me until he started getting obsessed with "VIRAL VIDEOS" and trying to generate hype. Interrupt people, pull the brakes on the show's flow, fight back against the "haters". Soon his annoying nature became retroactively annoying, and I'd notice his HOLDONHOLDONs and his uncomfortable bombs from earlier shows, and I realized that he was always this much of a shitheel, I just didn't notice it while Norton & Friends were making me giggle. Opie has had the occasional one liner, and I think earlier on there was an energy when he cared more about making a good show for the day rather than try to build up to The Next Big Thing (Baby Bird, Mustard, We Are The World, etc).
Seconding all that too. His best days were always when he just set the table, maybe gave an opinion to leap from, and got the gently caress out of the way. Of course he wasn't the only one who didn't entirely get what made them popular; just remember all of the best-of marathons where they played celebrity interviews instead of whatever actually funny riffs went down recently. I ended up loading Ron and Fez best ofs exclusively on car trips because they would at least put in a funny bit between some of the Unmaskeds.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Thanks for tempering the good news. :argh:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

-Atom- posted:

I didn't listen to Opie's show but anything that stops Sherrod from having a platform is a good thing.
A platform? Did I miss something? All I remember from him is a lot of YEEEEAAAAHHH

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Bowl posted:

So erock is now head of the channel and Roland is still a talent booker. Hahaha.

Rename the channel to Sexbagel Radio, it can't be any worse than Faction Talk

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

T Bowl posted:

Feel so bad for Opie, now he is going to have to sell his Long Island summer home to afford to stay in his luxury high rise Manhattan apartment.

But where will he poo poo on the beach???

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I learned that you don't even have to post the poo poo post to get fired for it, if the poo poo is literal

I learned that life is like a box of chocolates; slapped out of your hand and spilled all over the floor because you didn't take any care

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kevyn posted:

Ha, getting a media outlet to write a puzzled article about "your mom's box" is actually pretty funny, why did he have to ruin it and explain the joke? Can this idiot do anything right?

i'm dying

grats opie you finally made me laugh

now that's irony

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

That's the BEAUTY of him!

I'm loving HOWLING

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Enjoyed hearing Ellis give the worst reading of that movie promo SXM is running across all channels right now. After being tired from hearing it repeatedly from every different show and channel it was great to hear them take the piss out of it for a moment.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's fine with me, he shouldn't be expected to pretend he enjoys Sherri's Berries or Pajamagrams or whatever the gently caress it is that SXM is shotgun-shilling without any care for the target. poo poo, most of the ads on Faction Talk are the kind of garbage that runs at 3 AM on the TV because they will take an ad spot anywhere if it's cheap. I'm never going to blame the host of a show for the utter failure of the network they're on to put in any effort.

Now go ahead and blame Anthony though cause he made his own drat network.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I hate the ads as much as anybody but I’m sure Sirius didn’t make a conscious decision to only allow some companies to advertise that wasn’t based on “gas enough money to buy ad space”
Which just shows how dead satellite is, but there's less reason to care all the time

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jason called Sam and I am listening to the replay and ahahahaha, he threw a tantrum
Which day was that, I wanna hear it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://twitter.com/EllisMate/status/885544364100931584

I'm gonna have to dig through this whole drat replay to find it arent i bah

TEFFT PATTERN where are you when I need it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah you're right, Ellis threw a tantrum while everyone around him was being pretty calm and reasonable about things. Makes it hard to feel any sympathy even though he's got some reasoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah the Jim only shows are painful, his own OCD kicks in big time and he flails around unless someone else is in the studio for rapport. It's the same reason I can't listen to Nick Dipaolo's show (besides the giant amount of time he wastes taking calls stroking his ego). Nick actually shuts up his flunky if they so much as peep too.

• Locked thread