Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Evidently Jason Ellis announced this morning that Opie Radio will become Faction Talk. Opie said on Twitter that he is going to hang around until the end of his contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

He said his contract was up October of 2017

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

So what is the new lineup going to be?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

stealie72 posted:

I'm just happy to have more music back on faction instead of Ellis.

Same.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Morter posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/opieandanthony/comments/5qkele/as_per_request_opie_blows_his_chance_for_him_and/?sort=new

Too Long; Didn't Listen: Opie had apparently been complaining about not being included in a coming 30 for 30 documentary, even though O&A contributed to XFL. Turns out he DID get invites but never checked his email. Then, Opie and Charlie Ebersol were starting to patch things up, Opie hung up on him, only to find out via Roland that Charlie was about to give the phone to his father Dick Ebersol.

Opie blew it.

I did enjoy that the others in the studio ripped in to Opie about ignoring the invite especially when Jerry Jones (Dallas cowboys owner) was in the doc.

loving opie.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Erock tweeted that opie's show was not changing time slots

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

How exactly did the opie and Howard rivalry begin anyway?

Since this looks like it may be his downfall

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Just getting this from the Stern thread: apparently Artie went nuts on Opie's show with racial slurs and this may have gotten Artie fired from his show with Apatow. And of course, this is Opie's fault because Artie is a manbaby.

In short: God hates Opie, apparently.

I actually heard this- they started the show playing a John Lennon song called "woman is the n****r of the world" and then Artie proceeded through the entire next bit to rename popular Beatles songs with the n word included. Opie said a couple too. Even made a joke about "what will the YouTube guys name this one"

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I didn't realize Troy's last name was Henson until they said it on air. Also that guy is turning 40 this year. I'd have thought he was like 24-26 the way he acts.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I missed what was said about it but the caption on the screen of my radio was "channel changes" when I turned it on this morning to Jim and Sam. They ended the conversation talking about Opie and what "might" be going on with him.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the ads as much as anybody but I’m sure Sirius didn’t make a conscious decision to only allow some companies to advertise that wasn’t based on “gas enough money to buy ad space”

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Man I actually like Faction other than Ellis so that makes me sad

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Is Faction music officially dead and gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

Ant also teased an announcement of having signed a cohost for his show. I'm sure it's not Opie but I bet he got a lot of people's hopes up.

As much as I find Anthony to be a poo poo I kind of enjoyed him being back on there today.

• Locked thread