Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

CrashCat posted:

Now that's desperation

He's re-reinventing radio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I can't wait for the Anthony meltdown later today when Hillary wins.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
The Bennington Thanksgiving show photos that were posted a page or so back, was that live or are they releasing the audio tomorrow or did it already come out?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TraderStav posted:

This week the Opie Show has been really great. They booked a lot of great guests and Opie has been mostly shutting the gently caress up. I think they found the right formula.

ApHrEl FaLlS!!!!!!!!!!!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
He also put up NUMBERS!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
How do you know who they voted for? They don't talk politics on the show.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol, this was actually the thing Jimmy said that pushed the show into the toilet for me. He refused to answer the question and said they don't "do" politics on the show. After a two hour break on politics. He wasn't kidding either.

This is the joke you idiot

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Well don't I have egg on my face, then. I guess I forgot what a joke was considering the state of the show.

It's ok, you're a sweet boy

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I just looked up who Mary Jean is....she is juicy

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Detective Hargis, LOL

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
When was Opie on TACS? I know he did a video where he was like visiting the studio but I'm not aware he was ever on the show

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
As a fellow geek I actually like E-Rock's Saturday night show.

Thinking about it the old Saturday Night Virus lineups were great. Even if you didn't like a certain show they had plenty of things to appeal to anyone. Big Kev, Lazlow, Patrice's, Sam and Than/Dave

I can't believe they can't get the "funds" to do something like that on the channel now

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I just read this, and then went over to the O&A reddit to see if there was more, only to confront that apparently Anthony is banging his own niece and that he's excusing it by saying 'brother's girlfriend's daughter' when his brother has been married to this woman for eons.

You know....this is the way it ends, isn't it? Not with a bang, but with insane jealousy and incest. And somehow Jimmy isn't involved in either.

You realize this is a joke right?

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

CrashCat posted:

With Anthony even fiction seems plausible

The O&A reddit is literally worse than Wackbag ever was. Never click on something there and go "Oh, it's legit" unless you've been there long enough to understand the local memes

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

The edits are amazing, I watched this last night lol

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I do now. Holy poo poo.

I didn't even question it, I just took it as fact. Oh man, the edit was pretty solid too.

I'm guessing Opie breaking and entering is a con, too? I'm asking honestly, I have no idea anymore. I feel like that intern Ron hated: what is reality?

From what I understand it's real and Howard is pissed but he's on vacation so (per Opie) Greenstein is waiting until his vacation is over to talk to him

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

The Dave posted:

Opie literally live streamed him and Sherrod going into Howards offices. I only saw a clip but Opie told a cleaning lady he left something in there and went in. It wasn't like a private office just the wing they use and everything I saw Opie was just in hallways.

You need a keycard to even get in the door so he told her he left something in there and she was a spanish cleaning lady who just swiped the security key and let them in the door, hahahaha.

There is a video of of Ant calling into his show the following day or whatever and Opie said he was like pleading with the bosses to make sure she didn't lose her job over it.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
King Jezzebeluukyn

80s James Hetfield fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 23, 2017

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
This is a grown man who made a deal with his brother that whomever "hit it big" would have to support the one who didn't

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

empty baggie posted:

Chips podacast was loving terrible and I can't wait for the next one.

I loved it haha

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

jerkstoresup posted:

they've even gotten him to address all the recent drama directly

https://vid.me/ZcZb

lol

"mr an-tony"

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Victorkm posted:

Opie's show isn't bad

Stopped reading after these 4 words

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Clown Clownerson rules

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Giga Gaia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuqFJGtLJU

I hope you guys have seen these videos of chip terrorizing jim norton's manager but if not...

These short clips are Chip at it's finest. The podcast is a little forced when you have to do the bit for 20 minutes and then all the stuff Chip never used to say or do starts happening

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
This was kind of boring to me. After 5 minutes it felt like Ron didn't want to be there.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Stefan Prodan posted:

please let that idiot board op be fired

Leave it alone

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
I find it hard to believe people enjoy Opie's show on a literal level and buy Jazz it up and Yeahhhhh merchandise

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sankis posted:

So what station does Opie end up GMing at after his inevitable podcast fails

I would listen to the Gregg Hughes and Todd Pettengill show and so would ya'll.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

TheReverend posted:

I never listened to O and A, but after picking up an insanely long commute I've been listening to Opie and really enjoyed it. I also unironically enjoy the chef Carl. I'm disappointed with the circumstances but I suppose I'm the only one.

I can't stand Norton's Show.

I've been listening to old O and A clips on YouTube. What was the best of that time? Was it Anthony and Patrice? Because I agree that was really good. I don't really get the Opie hate but maybe someone can help me better understand. Was he ever liked when him and Anthony were thing?

lol, this is not a real post

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

A laugh from me is your reward!

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Apoplexy posted:

I reported that alt of Ant's and would suggest everyone else here do the same

You must be a hit at parties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

I mean, it's a stupid rear end tweet by a stupid near 60 year old radio host......but he's not wrong

• Locked thread