Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've always liked O&As guests, but haven't ever really had them click with me. I have been listening to Jim and Sam for the last week or so since they were on Ellis and I do really like them. I'm happy with this move, and the more I look at everything Opie has done in the last year (2?), I kinda see why the brass don't really care that much about keeping him happy.

Looking forward to the new channel, especially Jude getting a talk only show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I pay 25 every 5 months by just telling them that it's too much and I can't justify spending more than that.

Just keep haggling with them.

e: Will there be a new thread when Ellis moves over? Because hoo boy I know O&A fans are still gonna hate the poo poo out of him, even if Jim and Sam like him.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

well let me know if opie goes insane or something today because of faction talk branding happening. this show is absolute trash and I can't stand to listen to it any more.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So. Jim and Sam will play middle of the road, Ellis moved to the death slot for "west coast mornings" and is literally only there because of any awesome supporting cast, Opie is gone, DiPaulo is a weird Trumper, and Covino and Rich dont fit on the channel and were explicitly told by Ellis that he vetoed them on the channels inception.

Also we've got Roland eating and Dr Steve telling me my penis is probably fine.

What a great channel.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Enjoyed hearing Ellis give the worst reading of that movie promo SXM is running across all channels right now. After being tired from hearing it repeatedly from every different show and channel it was great to hear them take the piss out of it for a moment.

That's just because he's terrible at reading.

He does that with everything to the point that I can't believe it counts for an advertiser.

I used to really like Ellis, but now he's undoubtedly the worst part of his own show.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CrashCat posted:

That's fine with me, he shouldn't be expected to pretend he enjoys Sherri's Berries or Pajamagrams or whatever the gently caress it is that SXM is shotgun-shilling without any care for the target. poo poo, most of the ads on Faction Talk are the kind of garbage that runs at 3 AM on the TV because they will take an ad spot anywhere if it's cheap. I'm never going to blame the host of a show for the utter failure of the network they're on to put in any effort.

Now go ahead and blame Anthony though cause he made his own drat network.

Oh I don't care, all SiriusXM commercials are total trash.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jason was speculating (because he thinks he's in charge) that Jim and Sam would be an hour earlier, then he moves an hour earlier and gets an hour replay. If that didn't happen he wouldn't be happy. And hey maybe Jude gets a show. Also he called c&r goofy and said no one asked him if they could be on the channel and never mentioned Nick.

I'm guessing he moves back to afternoons because "west coast mornings" is a stupid time slot

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jason called Sam and I am listening to the replay and ahahahaha, he threw a tantrum

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ellis show. First hour or so.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ellis confirmed back to the afternoons. Someone else will get "west coast mornings" (the poo poo slot you dumbass)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Is Faction music officially dead and gone?

Pretty much yeah. It becomes yacht rock next week for a month plus.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Is there some other station on Sirius that plays punk rock?

Pretty much they decided that all that music would be the music of action sports and for some reason can't still have a station that fits those tastes without having Shannon Gunz cutting in and telling us about XGames poo poo no one cares about.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ant was in the studio today.

Jason is broadcasting from home and again, didn't bother testing the equipment before broadcast.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh good lord sam is somehow more gross than jim

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ellis moves back to afternoons

New Schedule

8-11 EST Jim and Sam
11-2 EST Covino and Rich
2-3 EST Best of Ellis
3-6 EST Ellis
6-8 EST Craig Ferguson
8-10 EST Nick DiPaulo
10 EST Ellis Replay

lol Jude will never get a show, Ellis will never be happy, and Nick DiPaulo will have an audience of 6

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Thank god Nick is moving, holy poo poo I've driven home from work for a few weeks now with his show on and just couldn't enjoy it

Like not even the political attitude, just that he basically sits on the mic by himself patting himself on the back for hours and occasionally spits out a half hearted Chip caliber one liner and jams his finger on a sound effect, then has callers fellate him

I hate Nick. He's the loving worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Doing the SiriusXM cancellation dance right now.

99 for a year? Nah.
49 for 6 months? Nah.
25 for 5 months? Sure.

• Locked thread