Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

jerkstoresup posted:

Not sure if it was a scheduled day off or not, none of their twitters say anything but Ron's wet sniffles and hacking was awful.

Gail had a nice costume:

https://twitter.com/GailAaann/status/793127093550850048

I did the same costume because my wife wanted to be 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

CrashCat posted:

The gently caress does Opie need an office for anyway? The only prep he's ever mentioned doing himself is watching or reading poo poo which he does in his comfy apartment while being A Father.

Definitely don't need an office to do the current show, which is "a bunch of guys just shoot the poo poo randomly and laugh at each other's jokes"

It's all a power move, they feel like they "deserve" an office space. A host I worked with was the exact same way, bitched about keeping his desk when they wanted someone to take it. They stuck his somewhere else and there it sat dormant for several years until he left, never to be touched by him as he was in and out of the studios with maybe 10 minute cushions everyday.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Opie works 3 hours a day and has no talent yet feels he should have his way with everything... it's hilarious. ....But he still wins since he's a millionaire from riding the wave of other people who are actually funny.

He's like an Agent but on-air.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hahahahaha the best part of that is his last tweet was from 2009.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So erock is now head of the channel and Roland is still a talent booker. Hahaha.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Feel so bad for Opie, now he is going to have to sell his Long Island summer home to afford to stay in his luxury high rise Manhattan apartment.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's not dead at all, they have a pretty good strategy forcing it into new car sales, and people love convenience. They should be near death at this point but it's a pretty healthy company right now. As the boomers die off it'll decline but Sirius is good for the next decade at least unless they make some boneheaded moves. The stock has doubled in the last 4 years to $5.40 currently, and it was down to as low as $0.12 back in 2008 when they merged and the whole great recession thing.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Smugworth posted:

Do you think self-driving trucks will still listen to satellite radio?

#universalincome

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

:lol: he is such a piece of poo poo and should have lost his job. What he did was way worse than Opie. This tells me Sirius was just looking for a reason to get Opie's show off the books.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Victorkm posted:

Who was this?

Troy.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Smugworth posted:

You guys are just Hillary-loving libtard snowflakes.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Birthday Cake posted:

Does anyone remember the show where a goon called up and did the "Hey b-b-b-boys" for about 2 minutes? I'm having trouble locating it, it had to have been one of the final o&a shows

That was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Niwrad posted:

Pretty sure it's over the Anthony Weiner stuff. Jon Stewart is (or at least was) close friends with the guy. They used to be roommates back in the day. O&A putting out the dick pics of Weiner was more or less the downfall of the guy so I'm guessing he'd have the same reaction to Opie too.

Anthony met with Weiner not long ago before the kid picture stuff about possibility doing his own show.

• Locked thread