Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone
https://twitter.com/KOINNews/status/794682122040647681

quote:

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Hundreds of voters around the state are getting robo-calls telling them their ballot will not be counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

So, uh, is John Podesta pledged to the Ruinous Powers?

not only that but its coming out that hes involved in some weird pedo poo poo too

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

I am honestly surprised at how much has been done to address climate change. Obama and Hillary are even addressing it in their speeches and people are consistently saying it is an important issue to them.

Honestly I was ready to become a climate refugee in my retirement, but I am willing to give up my Mad Max outfit for a less apocalyptic future.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got back from early voting a bit ago, +1 for Clinton/Kaine and +1 for Tammy Duckworth here in Illinois. This state is in absolutely no danger of going to Trump but it will be nice to kick out our R senator Kirk. Also voted for anything that increased funding for public services, increased regulations on firearms, and generally anything that gets the ball rolling on Full Communism NowTM.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
NYT knows what butters their bread

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/794599815254515713

How much is the media directly to blame for their utter failure this season versus the industry revenue streams drying up.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Probably already posted and it's from the HuffPo, but I loved the editor's note to the article about Obama defending a Trump supporter:

HuffPo posted:

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Samuel Clemens posted:

The short version is that NV and CO are basically a lock for Clinton, and EV in FL and NC favours her. OH and IA probably go Trump. NH is a toss-up, but no one cares.

Why is CO such a lock? reports say Dems and GOP are in a dead heat: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/early-voting-lead-for-colorado-democrats-dwindles-as-republican-voting-surges

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

BonoMan posted:

Probably already posted and it's from the HuffPo, but I loved the editor's note to the article about Obama defending a Trump supporter:

They've been doing that since Trump was the primary favorite.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BonoMan posted:

This is actually on every HuffPo election related article. :allears:

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Don't you guys see the bluest blue state Michigan is definitely going on red. The end is loving nigh.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

not only that but its coming out that hes involved in some weird pedo poo poo too

Really?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Can someone explain to me what Random Drift and Bayesin means? I tried to read the explanation on the site and cant understand it.

Basically as I understand it the model creates a distribution of likely electoral maps according to the data.

Random drift just chooses random ones-so if there's 10000 possible electoral maps, and 9800 of them have a Clinton win and 200 have a Trump win, that gives you 98%.

Bayesian uses how the model has moved in the past to inform what it how the model will move in the future.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Good highly-rated pollsters who we trust have Clinton with a solid lead.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

climboutonalimb posted:

How much is the media directly to blame for their utter failure this season versus the industry revenue streams drying up.

Gee why won't I pay for someone to regurgitate press releases from campaigns in the age of twitter and Facebook?

The media abdicated its role as people who find and promote Truth to retain their access to powerful people.

As long as they provide a service that adds no value their revenue will shrink.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Not sure if it's already been posted, but did anyone see this little chestnut? There's an elector in Washington State who's refusing to cast his vote for Clinton, promising to be a faithless elector. He was one of the Bernie Sanders supporters who swarmed the press tent during the DNC. So if he holds out, you can take 1 off whatever EV total Clinton gets in the end. :rolleyes:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Northjayhawk posted:

Good highly-rated pollsters who we trust have Clinton with a solid lead.
But what if everything we know is wrong and Trump wins by magic?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I don't know if I'd call it a lock, but polling of early voters has shown a pretty substantial Clinton lead there, and as the article says, more than half of CO votes are already in. If the polling is correct, Trump would need a pretty hefty advantage in the set of people who haven't voted yet in order to win.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

iirc, Repubs were up in EV in 2012 and lost bigly. They are currently down.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

No; right-wingers have convinced themselves that Podesta emails mentioning "pizza" are actually referring to child prostitutes, because reasons. It's another stupid conspiracy, basically.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

weekly font posted:

iirc, Repubs were up in EV in 2012 and lost bigly. They are currently down.
In fairness it should be noted that CO went to all-mail voting this year, which they didn't have in 2012, so that kind of comparison doesn't really hold.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/794690527224594432

So far so good in NC early voting. But I'd have to look at remaining counties to feel safer about Clinton's lead

That's statewide voting though, what do you mean by remaining counties?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

climboutonalimb posted:

Man, the New York times is totally in the bag for Clinton. -Idiots who I still haven't unfriended on Facebook

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

Le Saboteur posted:

Don't you guys see the bluest blue state Michigan is definitely going on red. The end is loving nigh.

Why is Clinton spending vital hours campaigning in Michigan if it really is so laughable?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roland Jones posted:

No; right-wingers have convinced themselves that Podesta emails mentioning "pizza" are actually referring to child prostitutes, because reasons. It's another stupid conspiracy, basically.

But he does worship the Ruinous Powers?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Okay, I'm a little confused. I've got a letter stating I'm registered to vote, I've got a new license and everything, and I'm wondering if I'm still somehow barred from voting based on the MA deadline. If I wasn't able to vote on Tuesday, would I still have received this letter telling me I am registered? Am I gonna be turned away at the polls even though there isn't anything stating I'm unable to vote? What's stopping me from voting anyway even if I was officially registered to vote on the day after the deadline?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's statewide voting though, what do you mean by remaining counties?

If there's a lot of mostly r voting counties that have yet to vote the lead might slip election day

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Okay, I'm a little confused. I've got a letter stating I'm registered to vote, I've got a new license and everything, and I'm wondering if I'm still somehow barred from voting based on the MA deadline. If I wasn't able to vote on Tuesday, would I still have received this letter telling me I am registered? Am I gonna be turned away at the polls even though there isn't anything stating I'm unable to vote? What's stopping me from voting anyway even if I was officially registered to vote on the day after the deadline?

Massachusetts?

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx

Check there. Otherwise you can probably call your local elections supervisor.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

climboutonalimb posted:

How is the loving Wall Street Journal tied for the most balanced of the five?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Mulva posted:

Nah. Accelerationists are pampered losers too weak to kill themselves, waiting for the world to do it for them. In the time it takes them to get through a Trump Presidency they could have eaten a bullet and already been dead 4 years.

Never be an Accelerationist.

Um. I'm not an Accelerationist. I just like funny things.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bloops Crusts posted:

Massachusetts?

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx

Check there. Otherwise you can probably call your local elections supervisor.

quote:

Voting Status: ACTIVE
Party Enrollment: UNENROLLED

:shrug: I guess this means I'm good? I'll certainly try to vote on Tuesday, at least.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump isn't funny or entertaining. it's migraine inducing watching him speak or listening to him or reading quotes. he has the mental capacity of a toddler and the inability to string coherent thoughts together. he lies more often than he breathes. i could barely make it through the debates.

Grumblegrox
May 15, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

Okay, I'm a little confused.

Just try. You might not be on the rolls yet that they check at the polling place, but they probably won't notice that the date on your registration card actually pro-dates the election. If they say you can't vote, request a provisional ballot (if provisional ballots are a thing in MA). I'm wondering if you somehow missed the deadline to register in time for the election? Hope it all goes well.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JWGOP/status/794686154142547968

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

I like John Weaver, but let's not pretend he's clairvoyant (or even particularly successful as a campaign strategist). Trump can definitely win. Don't get complacent.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

:shrug: I guess this means I'm good? I'll certainly try to vote on Tuesday, at least.

You should be good. No party enrollment only means you aren't registered as a Democrat or a Republican, meaning you can't vote in any primary elections until you are. You should be fine for the general election.

Does the site provide you with a polling place? If so, you're definitely good. Remember you can only vote at your specified polling place.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Guy Goodbody posted:

But he does worship the Ruinous Powers?

Maybe, but I'm not sure what that would accomplish because Trump seems to have the favor of all 4 Chaos Gods.

Okay you can get Tzeentch on both sides because he's a dick like that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Has the potential Al-Qaeda threat on Monday been addressed? http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37877391

Also why the gently caress would the BBC put Clinton as tied with Trump? I somehow think that's massive bullshit! What happened to our landslide?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

1. Results from 2014 (which was the first time CO used its current voting system) indicate that Reps need about a 5-7 point lead in EV if they want to be competitive on election day. Being tied is horrible for them.
2. Polls on early voting indicate that Clinton has a comfortable lead due to unaffiliated voters breaking for her.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Pastrymancy posted:

If there's a lot of mostly r voting counties that have yet to vote the lead might slip election day

I'm fairly sure that Not Shook Nate is taking that into account with their total vote projections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Yeah I'm sorry but those two things bear no relation. Trump having a stupid schedule is because he's stupid and disorganized, independent of all else.

• Locked thread